The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Did Wright not get freed? 

No. There were rumours on the Dundee thread on here that he was free to go on the condition Dundee put a sell on clause in the contract (in practical terms I guess they'd have to sell him to Dundee for £1 to make that enforceable) but he's still an Aberdeen player for now. 

Doubt AFC would be looking to loan him a level down, Anderson and certainly Rudden are better shouts though I'd imagine pretty much every FT championship club and possibly a few bottom end Premiership ones will be in for one or both.

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

We will get at least £340k if Stoke pay £2million for LL, how anyone can turn this into a negative is unbelievable.

If he stayed another year at Barnsley and left we would get the grand sum off fck all, therefore let’s be happy (I know for some posters on here that’s impossible at the moment) about the fact we will shortly have over £300k that we won’t have budgeted for and as such it may help us get a couple of players that may be the difference in our promotion push.

Apologies if this too positive for the Da’s but it’s just factual information!!

Yet again showing a complete lack of understanding of what a Thistle da is.

Here's a hint though, you're more likely to be a Thistle da when you're that much of a happy clapper than you are a Tory c**t enjoying folk being made redundant by the club because it means we can sign another player than anyone unhappy with anything to do with the club.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

The absolute fucking state of that. Waterboard that man to find out who else was involved in the manufacture of that crime against humanity so that we can give them third degree burns on their eyeballs before dipping their groin in acid and making them drink bleach.

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Yet again showing a complete lack of understanding of what a Thistle da is.

Here's a hint though, you're more likely to be a Thistle da when you're that much of a happy clapper than you are a Tory c**t enjoying folk being made redundant by the club because it means we can sign another player than anyone unhappy with anything to do with the club.

If you were able to make a relevant response to my earlier post rather than going backwards then I would respond accordingly, however you’re clearly a tadger who would take great delight in the team you supposedly support failing rather than get behind them. w**k 

7 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

If you were able to make a relevant response to my earlier post rather than going backwards then I would respond accordingly, however you’re clearly a tadger who would take great delight in the team you supposedly support failing rather than get behind them. w**k 

^ ^ Now there's your Thistle da type response. Complete with red dotting too.

Whilst the potential influx of £300k+ would certainly be welcome, it doesn't detract from the piddly deal that was brokered for Lindsay. The sole non Celtic or Aberdeen player in the Team of the Year, under contract for another year and a vital player evidenced by our complete demise since his departure, we decided that he was only worth £300k at the time. Lindsay was as close to a million pound player that I've seen on talent alone, our most saleable asset in 25 years, and we spunked our pants at the flash of measly couple of hundred grand.

We didn't have to sell him - or so the Board would have had us believe. We would have been as well letting him run his contract down, stay in the Premier League for another season (which alone would have returned more than this shanner of a deal) and then claimed training compensation when he left.

The fact folk are now rationalising this deal is lunacy; it was, and remains so, utterly pathetic and essentially the precursor to our current situation.

15 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

We will get at least £340k if Stoke pay £2million for LL, how anyone can turn this into a negative is unbelievable. 

Maybe because we got fucking relegated and have lost substantially more as a result? 

2 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Whilst the potential influx of £300k+ would certainly be welcome, it doesn't detract from the piddly deal that was brokered for Lindsay. The sole non Celtic or Aberdeen player in the Team of the Year, under contract for another year and a vital player evidenced by our complete demise since his departure, we decided that he was only worth £300k at the time. Lindsay was as close to a million pound player that I've seen on talent alone, our most saleable asset in 25 years, and we spunked our pants at the flash of measly couple of hundred grand.

We didn't have to sell him - or so the Board would have had us believe. We would have been as well letting him run his contract down, stay in the Premier League for another season (which alone would have returned more than this shanner of a deal) and then claimed training compensation when he left.

The fact folk are now rationalising this deal is lunacy; it was, and remains so, utterly pathetic and essentially the precursor to our current situation.

Yes, a million was touted for months before the transfer happened and then we sell him for a third of that. The party line was that we sold him cheap but with a massive sell on fee. 15% (if true) is not massive and should have been the clause we demanded while selling him for the greater sum that he was clearly worth. Our board had no idea how to handle a transfer apart from skinning 150 grand out of Hendry after 3 games. They got totally exposed in the market and I'm still raging about it.

2 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

The fact your total deal for Liam Lindsay will be less than half what Dundee got for Jack Hendry should bring you a great deal of shame.

Edited by RandomGuy.

We can be happy enough that we're due a wee bit of money should he move given it's after the fact, and the deal we got was the deal we got, but we can also be forgiven for asking how the f**k that deal got made in the first place.

The fact your total deal for Liam Lindsay will be less than half what Dundee got for Jack Hendry should bring you a great deal of shame.

Using some of the Lindsay cash to buy Miles Storey is also pretty rough.

That whole season was a disgrace from start to finish.