The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think Caldwell said 7 weeks and 2 days so it would be Thursday. I'd certainly take Tidser, tho it's a position we're relatively well covered in. Given that it's public knowledge now his PCA is void it wouldn't surprise me if either Dundee club or the likes of St Mirren / Hamilton/ County are also in for him.

Yip there is bound to be interest in him but good to know that Caldwell has already had talks with him. I imagine though that every club you have mentioned will be in a position to offer him better wages than us

I wouldn’t mind a loan move for Bruce Anderson who was on loan at the Pars in the second half of the season from Aberdeen. Led the line well for them in the couple of games I saw him play against us. 

may be wrong but did Tidser not flop a bit when he was in the top flight (think he was at County but got punted?) Might put clubs at that level off going for him.

edit: ah, he was on loan at County after a quick check.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

I wouldn’t mind a loan move for Bruce Anderson who was on loan at the Pars in the second half of the season from Aberdeen. Led the line well for them in the couple of games I saw him play against us. 

Yip would agree would also like Scott Wright though again other clubs with bigger budgets must be interested. Next two werks should be interesting!

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

may be wrong but did Tidser not flop a bit when he was in the top flight (think he was at County but got punted?) Might put clubs at that level off going for him.

edit: ah, he was on loan at County after a quick check.

In reality he aint done much other than his Morton spells and  yes, I would take him but with Bannigan and Slater in there I wouldn't say he is a necessity. 

Think Caldwell said 7 weeks and 2 days so it would be Thursday. I'd certainly take Tidser, tho it's a position we're relatively well covered in. Given that it's public knowledge now his PCA is void it wouldn't surprise me if either Dundee club or the likes of St Mirren / Hamilton/ County are also in for him.

I guess he must be counting the league cup as pre season training? It starts 5 weeks yesterday

4 hours ago, jaggymct said:

Tidser just announced by Falkirk ..

Martin Woods has had 120+ top flight matches in the last five seasons and Tidser has had to dick about in the lower leagues all that time.  Seems a waste of a career for the talent he has.

Not really fussed about missing out on Tidser if we did indeed go for him. Have always thought he’s a decent player, possibly even better than all of our CMs right now, but I think it’s pretty telling that he’s never successfully played at a higher level than the Scottish Championship.

Falkirk must have chucked a fair chunk of cash at him. But still, meh.