The Partick Thistle thread

Was the season before last ie the relegation season and comes from the tweet thread below.  Nothing really big apart from Rangers losses and County's bankrolling but if you compare the wages to income ratio of the English championship clubs it's eye watering. 

"The club spent 61.2 per cent of that on wages - final figure of £2.8m."

But the playing budget was £1m for Archie?

1m was this season just finished not the season we were relegated which this is. Think it was described as a 7 figure sum anyway rather than 1m

Would have been OK if he stayed, I'm probably more OK with him going. Would look very good for a couple of games then disappear for months on end, then have another couple of good games and you'd think he'd sorted it and then rinse and repeat. 

Assume Scott Fox's old house will be available for him. 

Genuinely not bothered. He had a couple of decent months with us, but a was a shitebag when we needed him most. The slightest dip of form or criticism and he bailed out.  

There’s a fair chance he could add another relegation to his CV.

Edited by Hammer Jag

49 minutes ago, chilly jag said:

Spittal leaving. Apparently to Ross County

Funnily enough I looked at the updated "first team" on the Club site at lunchtime and noted his absence.

I quite liked Blair but not a major loss to the squad in my opinion.

Gives Fitzpatrick more of a chance at least unless Caldwell is desperate to go out and replace Spittal.

Joins Balatoni and Barton on the list of recent players to win player of the year that I'm very meh about. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

10 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Was hoping we would have got Rudden 

Seeing as we have no strikers, I wouldn't have thought this was an either/or situation. Boyd would be unlikely to play 90 mins every week even if we were only going with 1 up.