The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That statement about restructuring on the club website is horrific. "We're making folk redundant lads but it's alright because we'll put any savings into the playing budget"

Unfortunate and sad that people have lost their jobs today, however it’s a reality of business that when revenue is reduced action needs to be taken and 9/10 times it results in people losing their jobs.

For a football club the priority is maximising the player budget in order to turn around the fortunes of the football and thus generate more income.

A reality of any business I’m afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Unfortunate and sad that people have lost their jobs today, however it’s a reality of business that when revenue is reduced action needs to be taken and 9/10 times it results in people losing their jobs.

For a football club the priority is maximising the player budget in order to turn around the fortunes of the football and thus generate more income.

Redundancies are a reality of business. Statements trying to placate the customer base of a business by telling them that people losing their job will mean they can invest the savings in another part of the business do not need to be a reality of business.

Sad to see there's supporters who are fine with this statement from our failed Tory candidate chairman.

7 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

I don’t think anybody will quibble that a football club’s priority is the first team. But announcing that 7 out of 14 staff are leaving or have already left and adding in that essentially their wages will be used to buy new players is, to me, pretty grim. 

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Redundancies are a reality of business. Statements trying to placate the customer base of a business by telling them that people losing their job will mean they can invest the savings in another part of the business do not need to be a reality of business.

Sad to see there's supporters who are fine with this statement from our failed Tory candidate chairman.

This ^ 

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

On the plus side, it seems we have room for an "Analysis & Recruitment Operative". 

I assume that wage comes out the Playing Budget.

That absolutely reeks of someone who has given themselves that job title, surely? 

Imagine any other Club got relegated. Went full in and kept their Premiership business model. Set a target of getting back to the Premiership in one season, sacked the manager because that didn't look achievable under his stewardship. Gave the new manager the same achievable target, a substantial budget which he only spent a third of, sent the failing playing squad on a weeks holiday and in doing so we ended up surviving in the second tier by the skin of their teeth. Resulting in the failed manager keeping his job but redundancies in the office and a greatly reduced budget to work with in the year ahead.

We would be fuckin laughing like f**k at that club. Pissing our pants at such an embarrassing shambles they were.

4 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Imagine any other Club got relegated. Went full in and kept their Premiership business model. Set a target of getting back to the Premiership in one season, sacked the manager because that didn't look achievable under his stewardship. Gave the new manager the same achievable target, a substantial budget which he only spent a third of, sent the failing playing squad on a weeks holiday and in doing so we ended up surviving in the second tier by the skin of their teeth. Resulting in the failed manager keeping his job but redundancies in the office and a greatly reduced budget to work with in the year ahead.

We would be fuckin laughing like f**k at that club. Pissing our pants at such an embarrassing shambles they were.

Aye, but did you see his graphs and stats at the meet the manager night? Future Scotland manager. And have you seen Jacqui ‘like’ fans’ tweets? Proper fan engagement. The club is being perfectly run, mate. 

Watching the clips of the Q&A back I can absolutely see how folk would be taken in by Caldwell in that setting. I have to admit despite thinking his treatment of Doolan and Erskine was shocking he came across as a serious guy.

Quite self-effacing in that setting too, which I think a lot of people, I suspect the senior players too, would have liked to have seen more of.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

I believe she is (apparently) a PR “guru”...

Even outside that appalling statement, it feels like there’s no long term strategy in anything she does; it’s all ‘in the moment’. It’s responding to one issue/person at a time to placate them, with no consideration of if it’ll have to be changed again or contradicted somewhere down the line.

A couple of people have complained about being moved from their seats to accommodate Hearts fans? Quick, release a statement saying we'll keep the JHS red & yellow. It’s not cost effective? Scratch that plan a few games later and we’ll do exactly the opposite of what we’ve just told them, but talk about how much money we’ll save instead - they’ll love that!

She’s been an absolute disaster. Her and Britton can get right in the fucking sea.

On 20/05/2019 at 00:18, Sting777 said:

Yip and you are still staring championship football straight in the face...lol

Lol wasn't that Thistle last year ?  You guys had lots of momentum going into the play offs didn't you ?

Edited by Paul Cicero