The Partick Thistle thread

All for the away fans being in the corner of the JHS.

I'd hope that they make the Main Stand a permanent Family Stand, using the enclosure for pre match and half time family entertainment.

Would that not negate the reason they are not going to use it ?

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Would that not negate the reason they are not going to use it ?

Depends how you look at it. 

Not using it because it's not cost effective to police small crowds in a whole stand?

I'd hope that with the correct marketing, kids go free, a dedicated family stand with pitch side rather than behind the goal views would be something to use to the clubs advantage.

If the stand is going to carry the name of a "fan" who gave us done money, I'd like to see it used for the long term benefit and growth of the Club. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How is this different? I was sure Falkirk fans were in the JHS this season including the game where we brought through a really good crowd. Is the Colin Weir stand the one behind the goals?

Falkirk were in the Colin Weir/Main Stand for both games this season.

Behind the goal is the John Lambie (or North Stand).

The Jackie Husband is the big stand opposite the Main Stand. Away fans will now be at the north end of that unless they bring enough to justify opening the CW (I’d guess at least 1000 needed now for that to be an option).

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How is this different? I was sure Falkirk fans were in the JHS this season including the game where we brought through a really good crowd. Is the Colin Weir stand the one behind the goals?

You're right. Only teams with a big support got the CW stand diddy teams like Falkirk got stuck in a corner.

To be fair it isn't something you really need to worry about any time soon.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Which stand were the Pars fans in last season?

Seems a sensible decision with all the diddy sides in the league next year.

Both. First time you had the CW, second were in the JH.

But yeah, the winner of the United & St Mirren match will probably be the only one to bring over 1000 next season, so it makes a lot of sense. The biggest problem is that it makes the ground look awful on highlights - the stand the cameras face has nobody in them and behind the goal at the city end is that disgraceful mess.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

You're right. Only teams with a big support got the CW stand diddy teams like Falkirk got stuck in a corner.

Falkirk were in the CW both times...

To be fair it isn't something you really need to worry about any time soon.
Odd response to a genuine question, but given me a lot to think about.

I'll watch out for your contributions, a poster for the future I think.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Both. First time you had the CW, second were in the JH.

But yeah, the winner of the United & St Mirren match will probably be the only one to bring over 1000 next season, so it makes a lot of sense. The biggest problem is that it makes the ground look awful on highlights - the stand the cameras face has nobody in them and behind the goal at the city end is that disgraceful mess.

Falkirk were in the CW both times...

I think clubs don't take things like this into consideration. Not only does it look unappealing to potential sponsors but I think it affects the enthusiasm of supporters in the ground as well.

18 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That statement about restructuring on the club website is horrific. "We're making folk redundant lads but it's alright because we'll put any savings into the playing budget"

Our Club love the old "playing budget will be safe" line, been trotted out for quite a few years.

I look forward to the Player Fund being set up again. 

33 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That statement about restructuring on the club website is horrific. "We're making folk redundant lads but it's alright because we'll put any savings into the playing budget"

Yup. A grim little bit of meat thrown to the fans, there. Hope the remaining staff are members of unions and get themselves organised as I doubt this’ll be the last of the staff changes.