The Partick Thistle thread

Considering Archie picked Mutumbo over Fitzpatrick I don’t quite get Allison’s issue. 

Caldwell had to keep us in the league and if he was still travelling up from England the first team had to be the priority.

1 hour ago, Maine said:

Considering Archie picked Mutumbo over Fitzpatrick I don’t quite get Allison’s issue. 

Caldwell had to keep us in the league and if he was still travelling up from England the first team had to be the priority.

Why focus so much resource and attention on the academy if the first team manager pays it no interest? 

8 minutes ago, PerthTA said:

Any other strikers that we are after? Or is it just the loan move of Rudden and maybe Miller/Boyd?

Would love us to try and get Oli Shaw from Hibs on loan. He appears to have dropped out the picture since Heckinbotham took over

2 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Never seen us run so much for 90mins and stamina on all players improved so much since Mendes has arrived !

Yip and you are still staring championship football straight in the face...lol

Seems a sensible decision, particularly with the numbers, and the intention to do something with the "concourse" (not sure I'd call a brutalist concrete hellscape a concourse, but hey ho), but there's just something a bit sad about knowing we'll be facing a constantly empty stand for a season.

This worked fine the last time we were in the championship, would only think St Mirren if they come down or a big end of season game vs certain teams eg the Morton game in 2013 would necessitate opening the main stand. 

All for the away fans being in the corner of the JHS.

I'd hope that they make the Main Stand a permanent Family Stand, using the enclosure for pre match and half time family entertainment.