The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Fairly easy to find stats to suit the agenda though. 

For instance, if you say last 10 minutes to be considered conceding late goals. Then in all games since January we've conceded 3 goals in the last 10 minutes of games, out of 21 games. One of those we were 2-0 up and won anyway, one was Dunfermline we were absolutely pish and losing anyway. Last one I'd consider the most costly was against ICT, as we dropped a vital point that night. 

Caldwell's not brilliant by any stretch, but our game management in the final stages certainly seems to have improved under him. Particularly from winning positions. Although, I'd potentially give Ando a fair bit of credit in a lot of those games. 

As you say, you can find any stat to suit your agenda. Through the week demonstrated that. The real skill is banging them up on a Powerpoint and getting folks buy in. 

5 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Aye, that’s him. Thistle’s second most embarrassing fan on social media.

Did the most embarrassing fan claim this week that his "positive mindset" was "an asset to the fanbase/club"?

6 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Aye, that’s him. Thistle’s second most embarrassing fan on social media.

This was absolutely the most embarrassing thing about the other night, along with the guy’s reaction to it on Twitter. He seems to think he kept us up. Absolutely mortifying for everyone concerned. 

Is he the same guy who got ‘Storer’ at the back of his shirt? I don’t even have the words. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

This was absolutely the most embarrassing thing about the other night, along with the guy’s reaction to it on Twitter. He seems to think he kept us up. Absolutely mortifying for everyone concerned. 

Is he the same guy who got ‘Storer’ at the back of his shirt? I don’t even have the words. 

he is, and thinks McGinty is world class because he claps the fans

Pleased with the Cardle extension. We’re not getting the fittest player around and he’ll almost certainly miss games with injury, but when he does play he’s been very valuable to us.

The complete opposite player to Miles Storey, in that his physical attributes are pretty poor but he can actually cross the ball and get shots on target.