The Partick Thistle thread

Have thought he was under rated and although I agree his crossing of the ball could at times had been better it shouldn't be forgotten that for a few seasons he, with Callun Booth, made up one of the best attacking wingback partnerships in the SPL. 

Nope.

3 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Genuinely sorry to see Christie go. 

Have thought he was under rated and although I agree his crossing of the ball could at times had been better it shouldn't be forgotten that for a few seasons he, with Callun Booth, made up one of the best attacking wingback partnerships in the SPL. 

He always played for the Jersey unlike some of his team mates who just seemed to disappear the minute a game turned against us. 

Wishing him all the best for his future career. Welcome back to Firhill anytime. 

Thanks for your efforts Christie, you tried hard, at least. Good luck at Carlisle.

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

At least now folk can move on from trotting out the "can we please sign a genuine/real/actual right back" pish. 

It’s only just beginning I fear...

Unless GC was aware he was going and he has a replacement lined up?

Edited by jagfox99

Mate said apparently we're signing an RB today, but hasn't revealed the source yet. 

Never managed a golden ticket for tonight and I'm on a reserve list. Keen to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on the football insight later.

15 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Mate said apparently we're signing an RB today, but hasn't revealed the source yet. 

Never managed a golden ticket for tonight and I'm on a reserve list. Keen to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on the football insight later.

Gary Miller maybe coming in opposite direction? Just a thought 

Ryan Williamson?

Uncanny that you announced it 5 minutes before the club. Who are we signing?

Thought you were #ITK for all things Alloa??

P.S in my time on P&B this is the first signing prediction I’ve gotten right so I wouldn’t take my word as gospel.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Thought you were #ITK for all things Alloa??

P.S in my time on P&B this is the first signing prediction I’ve gotten right so I wouldn’t take my word as gospel.

I know 7 of our 13 have signed but haven't worked out who the 15 goal a season striker is yet.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Doolan?

Could be. Although I felt like we dealt with him so comfortably during our meetings it'd be a stretch.

If we get Aitchison for another season/6 months then I'd be delighted though.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

Would be good if Ryzo got his confidence back as he can be a real treat to watch when taking everyone on. However, his defending can be suspect and the lack of awareness to his surroundings can be mind blowing.

Sounds like Stephen O’Donnell when he was with us.

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

If he hadn't had two awful injuries then this would be quite a relevant comparison. 

As it is he has had those injuries and he's seemingly terrified of tackling, when he broke through he genuinely looked like a player that we would make absolute dollah off but he's just not progressed. He's a real confidence player and he's spoken before about using sports physiatrists. He's an absolute lovely guy and I hope this is a clean break he needs to get his career back on track. He was in the championship team of the season the one before last so he can be a player. 

If you get the Williamson that had people triple marking him in League 1 at times, then it'll be a terrific bit of business.

If you get the post-injury, timid, terrible Williamson of the past 12-18 months then you'll have an absolute lemon on your hands.

I hope he shows what he's capable of and get his career back on track.

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Ryan might be frustrating for you. He's still pretty reluctant to commit to challenges and doesn't read runners well imo. Has a tendency to switch off at throw-ins in the final third.

Might require an experienced centre half to cover to allow him the freedom to do what he does best. Worked great alongside someone like Callum Morris who was able to cover a lot of ground pretty quickly.