The Partick Thistle thread

I'm intrigued to read what's said in the "in-depth interview" which includes his reasoning on letting Doolan leave that is due to go on the site at 10.30 tonight.
Where are you getting this from?

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:
3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:
I'm intrigued to read what's said in the "in-depth interview" which includes his reasoning on letting Doolan leave that is due to go on the site at 10.30 tonight.

Where are you getting this from?

The Herald article linked on the previous page says at the bottom an in depth interview is out at 10.30pm.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

What was Stevie Anderson like on the whole when he was with you?

Started off tremendously, then looked a bit creaky at times. Terrible distribution. Definitely steadied the defence though.

Been away for a few days and come back to this.  There's no way that Doolan no longer has anything to contribute, even if it's only off the bench.  Caldwell apparently seems to have said tattie Bye in about 5 seconds, without even offering him, say, one more year on the same wages, with the proviso that he's now only a squad player.  Not even that.  Massively insulting and thoroughly disrepectful to a model pro who has played for us for a decade and been the best player at the club for at least 7 or 8 years of that.  Keeping him here wouldn't have been sentimentality - as I am pretty sure he'll show at Ayr or wherever he goes next season.  He's also a fantastic example of professionalism, loyalty and level-headedness which must have some value around the club.

It's also extremely odd that although 'Heed' doesn't seem to like long-serving club legends, he is apparently willing to pay big money to keep Christie Elliott, whose career has ben a long and painful search to find a position he is able to play in.  RB has ended up the least bad option, but he is eminently binnable. (at least his OG against Dunfermline secured Archibald's overdue exit).  Imagine looking at the smouldering remains of this season's squad after staying up on the last day - and saying Keep to Elliott and Punt to Doolan.  Madness.

Just when I thought this utterly shite season couldn't get any worse.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17633202.gary-caldwell-says-he-is-at-partick-thistle-to-be-successful-not-popular-as-he-explains-kris-doolan-decision/?ref=twtrec

Doesn't really tell us much other than Caldwell doesn't really care if he's popular or not. He's made a rod for his own back to the point now that anything other than challenging for the title from day 1 next season will  see a large section of the support wanting him out the door.

I'd swap him for McMillan.

I wouldn’t. Wasn’t impressed with McMillan. If Elliott goes to Livi then good luck. Championship is his level and he’s replaceable. Wonder if Caldwell knows he’s away and has said he tried to make him the highest earner to make it look like he was desperate to keep a long-serving player?

27 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

The Elliot story is a STAR exclusive today. Big decision for him with a testimonial due in a few years

Well, he better get fixed up before that...

43 minutes ago, Reid said:

I wouldn’t. Wasn’t impressed with McMillan. If Elliott goes to Livi then good luck. Championship is his level and he’s replaceable. Wonder if Caldwell knows he’s away and has said he tried to make him the highest earner to make it look like he was desperate to keep a long-serving player?

I think McMillan has potential. Maybe more as a centre back. Definetly a player in there, imo.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd swap him for McMillan.

Difference is McMillan is contracted  but Elliot isnt. As far as I am led to believe Livi rate McMillan very highly

Edited by Sting777

Wouldn't be fussed if Elliott left, can never fault him for effort but he's spent the last 8 years going from being  a not very good striker to a not very good winger to a not very good full back.

I'll certainly say Caldwell has complete faith in his own ability, whether he's correct or whether it's delusion I'm not sure. 

Wonder if Caldwell knows he’s away and has said he tried to make him the highest earner to make it look like he was desperate to keep a long-serving player?

That's what I popped in to post. The club is now in a position to say it did everything within its power to retain him.