The Partick Thistle thread

Oh aye, definitely. But if we're pushing for promotion next season then I suspect it'll be forgotten about quickly. That's Caldwell's gamble - he'll live or die by it.

26 minutes ago, Dollar Jag said:

If all I cared about was watching a team win every single Saturday I'd just sit and watch Manchester City on the telly.

What I want is to support a team that treats its players - especially great servants who love the club and are loved by the fans - something a little better than shite by a manager who won't drop his knickers the second a "bigger" club comes calling.

I know it's still raw, but you'll get over it, mate. Like we've gotten over Law's lack of testimonial, Bone's refusal to play Kenny Arthur and Lambie f*cking off not once but twice, to name a few instances where our feelings have been hurt by the manager/board.

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

Oh aye, definitely. But if we're pushing for promotion next season then I suspect it'll be forgotten about quickly. That's Caldwell's gamble - he'll live or die by it.

This.  If he brings in a good striker - which, let's face it, we haven't done in a long, long time - then the decision will look a lot better.  If he doesn't, it's been a bit of a f**k-up.

Wild-card in it is how Doolan does at the next place.  If he goes to a fellow Championship club and bangs in 30 goals, then questions will be asked.

Caldwell says we’d be interested in Miller and Boyd. The deal for Elliott would make him our highest paid player. I’d ljke Elliott to stay but we shouldn’t be chucking money at him.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17632265.gary-caldwell-no-brainer-for-partick-thistle-to-sign-kris-boyd-or-kenny-miller/?ref=twtrec

I found the Elliott thing bizarre to mention tbh, especially when he's not a standout player. 

I don’t believe it tbh. Not a chance we’re offering him more than Spittal or what Bannigan will be on.

As others have said, his best days may be behind him but surely he was worth keeping as a squad player?

Given our lowly position, i'd be pretty amazed if we managed to bring in 2 or 3 better strikers this summer. 

Regardless, the lack of class shown to him by the club is a disgrace. 

I hope Caldwell goes on to prove himself right and he brings in a few quality players that get us at the right end of the table. But until then, he has just made yet another rod for his own back with the way this has been handled. He already comes across as a w****r, things like certainly dont help that perception.

Boyd can f**k off though. We've already got our full quota of unfit lazy b*****ds who cant/wont run assuming Harkins stays. Both him and Miller are just old firm fanboys. Dont want either of them at Firhill.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Making Christie Elliott the highest paid player at the club is one of the funniest things I've ever read. The club has gone fucking mental. :lol:

Well, he's due a testimonial soon...

3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The Elliott thing is nothing short of bizarre.

The Fitzpatrick thing is clearly bollocks, hyperbole, or stripped of its fucking massive asterisks.

The Elliott thing is clearly a panicked post-Doolangate case of “who’s a long serving player? Let’s try and keep the fans happy with some meat.”

Which ignores the fact that it’s - god love him - Christie Elliott.