The Partick Thistle thread

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Wasn’t just Doolan and erskine taking pay cuts. Spittal And penrice did as well but for some reason people only mention erskine and Doolan as though not given the others credit 

lawless had no problem staying on with the jags but the then manager decided against it

If either Penrice or Spittal had given the club as many years of service prior to their pay cut and then received the same shoddy treatment (perceived or otherwise) that Doolan or Erskine had then their pay cuts might be mentioned more.

The greatest shame in Third Lanark folding is the Thistle support have had to endure you ever since.

Shite patter that with Doolan, had seen Thistle fans raging about him leaving and assumed it was just the usual over reaction to a legend leaving.

To find out they dumped him, without warning, in that manner seems completely unprofessional, and disrespectful. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shite patter that with Doolan, had seen Thistle fans raging about him leaving and assumed it was just the usual over reaction to a legend leaving.

To find out they dumped him, without warning, in that manner seems completely unprofessional, and disrespectful. 

An Equivalient would be some w**k like McCann taking over and because he didn't get on with Ando and MacLean, doens't renew their deals and they get a "thanks, bye" on the official site.

Edited by cilitbang

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Good for Spittal and Penrice. They are also class acts.

Your whataboutery to avoid acknowledging the justified affection felt by many Thistle fans towards Kris and Chris is really just a bit sad.

Thanks but I have acknowledged his role many a time and will continue to do so

Your pathetic whining is what i expected of an arrogant parasite like you

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What kind of player can we expect to see in Doolan at Tannadice next year? 

C'mon now, the lads had a bad enough day...

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What kind of player can we expect to see in Doolan at Tannadice next year? 

Dundee United 0 - Ayr United 5 (Doolan 5)

That type.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was rumoured to have been wanted by TW last season but decided to stay at Firhill. He'd certainly be a better option than Chris Kane :whistle

For what it's worth, I don't think Doolan played that badly this season.

He's been treated poorly, but this is pure revisionism.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

He was rumoured to have been wanted by TW last season but decided to stay at Firhill. He'd certainly be a better option than Chris Kane :whistle

He wouldve fitted the "MacLean" role in the squad pretty well.

I think after a poor season at this level, Callum Hendry breaking into our first team, and us more in need of a quality all round striker than just a goalscorer, we wont hold an interest just now.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He wouldve fitted the "MacLean" role in the squad pretty well.

I think after a poor season at this level, Callum Hendry breaking into our first team, and us more in need of a quality all round striker than just a goalscorer, we wont hold an interest just now.

ANNOUNCE MILES STOREY!

We ended up in the shit this season because we stuck with Archie for too long for entirely sentimental reasons. 

On that basis, I'm not overly disappointed to lose Doolan the player. 

However, not giving Doolan the club legend a proper send off seems entirely wrong. 

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

ANNOUNCE MILES STOREY!

Considering we signed Cammy Bell and Niall Keown, I wouldnt rule it out :lol:

5 hours ago, John MacLean said:

Firstly to be clear my preferred option would have been that Doolan be offered at least a further one year contract. I still feel that he had a contribution to make on the pitch for us whilst moving towards a role that increasingly focused on coaching and eventually into a management position.

However, if the current manager doesn't see a playing role for him or has decided that Doolan's wage, for what would likely have been limited playing role, takes up too much of his budget should he simply offer him a contract anyway based on what would have been little more than sentimentally?

I'm playing devil's advocate I know but a manager has to make the decisions he feels are best. In doing so he can't be influenced by past performances or if a player is in a testimonial year or not. His decision has to be based on what he feels a player offers moving forward.

These are big calls and Caldwell will live and die as a manager on the success of them. While I have concerns over whether this call Is the right one or not I am reassured to a degree that we have a manager that won't shirk away from a tough call. I just hope he has got it right.

That said I am disappointed that Doolan wasn't given the last 10 minutes on Saturday.

yeah, spot on with this I think. Got to think Caldwell has someone specifically in mind to go up top that's a done deal, otherwise it'd be a bit mental to risk scrabbling about to find someone better than Doolan.

Seeing the club part ways with Erskine, Doolan and Archibald in such a short space of time feels rather sombre, and yet on balance probably the best outcome for Thistle on all three counts.

I've never experienced this before with Thistle in 15 years or so - started actively supporting around the same season Thistle went up against Peterhead (first game was that 4-4 cup game against St Johnstone that Thistle lost on pens) and last year was the first time I've seen the club relegated, so it's pretty tough to sort through how to deal with the rough times. Turned 30 too which doesn't fucking help matters (veering off very closely to "take this to the depression thread" territory tbh but there's nowhere else that seems appropriate to vent, really.)

Will in all likelihood renew the season ticket for next year all the same and head along to the Doolan testimonial, with a wee hope that Erskine, Doolan and Archie can do alright for themselves elsewhere and a big hope that the team can bring back some of the magic from the side that won the second tier what feels like a lifetime ago now. Been a shite couple of years all round - here's hoping there's better times ahead, and the sooner the better.

I'll say this - it was pretty abundantly clear from the squad we had before the first championship game that we were going to have a shite season and not go up. Don't have that feeling for the upcoming season.

Sun linking us with Boyd already...

Doolan's best goal was probably that one at Easter road, but the 100 & 101 were the trademark goals (as was the ICT goal mentioned above), both a brilliant first touch to take it away from the defender and then a composed finish.

11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Plus Ad Lib being furious for the entire summer should be entertaining. 

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

I am now boycotting Firhill until Jacqui Low personally apologises to Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine for how she let Gary Caldwell treat them.

10 hours ago, third lanark said:

You only go to about a game a season greeting face so I doubt they will be bothered 

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Get your head out your arse, you superfan c**t. Away and have a w**k to Pat Clarke.

10 hours ago, third lanark said:

Take your own advice Westminster getting to your head posh boy think the club are going give a fcuk about you, you arrogant to$$er parasite 

53o8lv.png

Shout out on goals to the one he scored against Celtic first Glasgow Derby when back up. Turned them on an absolute sixpence. Don’t think I’ve ever gone more mental with pure joy at a game in my life.