The Partick Thistle thread

Had a nosey there, quite mental really.

If we stay up it's down to McDonald, not Caldwell even though Caldwell signed McDonald and McDonald is a disgrace cos he celebrated in front of the Alloa fans rather than the Thistle fans.  :lol:

Thank f**k the worst we have to deal with here in Ad Lib still working through the stages of grief over Erskine leaving and jagfox posting that same GIF over and over again.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

Much happen at the POTY? Or should i go to WAT to see who was drinking too much when we have a game on Tuesday?

Nope. Speech from Jacqui Lowe reiterating the boards backing for Caldwell and Kerr, so much so that if we do go down I reckon he will get the opportunity to get us back. Caldwell presented a few prizes, but said nothing. Players banned from drinking due to Tuesdays game. Colin Weir was there in a wheelchair. Players left after the meal and awards as did I. 3 hours of jigging aint my idea of fun. Was a pretty uneventful evening but Gawd knows what it would have been like if we had lost!!

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Tremendous highlights package which puts Jagzone to shame. Camera behind the goal, cameraman does know how to zoom in and commentary (which appears to have disappeared from Jagzone...well it had last night)  

Thanks! Didn't realise I put it in the wrong thread. Must be suffering from sunstroke.

6 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Had a nosey there, quite mental really.

If we stay up it's down to McDonald, not Caldwell even though Caldwell signed McDonald and McDonald is a disgrace cos he celebrated in front of the Alloa fans rather than the Thistle fans.  :lol:

Thank f**k the worst we have to deal with here in Ad Lib still working through the stages of grief over Erskine leaving and jagfox posting that same GIF over and over again.

I’ll cry w**k if I want to.

16 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

The state of our support :lol:

The screeching over Parry’s timewasting yesterday :lol:

While it's obviously annoying given it's against us, it was absolutely magnificent shithousery not seen since the days of Cerny.  I can always appreciate that level of mugging off the referee as he does his pathetic "I'm pointing at my watch" routine.  

49 minutes ago, forameus said:

While it's obviously annoying given it's against us, it was absolutely magnificent shithousery not seen since the days of Cerny.  I can always appreciate that level of mugging off the referee as he does his pathetic "I'm pointing at my watch" routine.  

Cerny hasn't faced Saints in well over a year but I'm still fucking seething thinking about his lay ball down, walk away, squat a bit, jump a bit, squat a bit, deep breath, jump a bit, stroll up to ball, smash it out for a throw in, routine.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cerny hasn't faced Saints in well over a year but I'm still fucking seething thinking about his lay ball down, walk away, squat a bit, jump a bit, squat a bit, deep breath, jump a bit, stroll up to ball, smash it out for a throw in, routine.

You forgot him kicking his studs on the goalpost. A vital part of the routine.

I miss Tam. Helped that he was actually a really good keeper as well as a professional shithouser.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't think anyone's seen Cerny for about a year. Waste of a good keeper.

You call it time wasting. We call it the highlight of last season.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

You forgot him kicking his studs on the goalpost. A vital part of the routine.

I miss Tam. Helped that he was actually a really good keeper as well as a professional shithouser.

100% agree. Didn't TC also once get a valid goal against us chalked off just by harassing the linesman and pointing a lot?  Not sure if I just imagined that.

15 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

100% agree. Didn't TC also once get a valid goal against us chalked off just by harassing the linesman and pointing a lot?  Not sure if I just imagined that.

Motherwell at home. Would've cost us 2 points as we won 3-2 in the end.

If we stay up I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least ask if he's available to come back since he's never displacing Joe Lewis.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

15 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Yeah, was in the 3-2 win over Motherwell. Early in the second half they scored what seemed to be a pretty legitimate goal, and he somehow managed to convince both the referee and linesman that it shouldn't count. Incredible stuff.

Cerny also absolutely melted our striker in a "50/50" by superman punching him in mid air when the ball was already past him, something that led to said striker being unable to play for at least three months, yet avoided even a booking as he ran straight to the ref and somehow managed to intimidate him and plead innocence before McMillan had even landed.

Literally, he leaps off the ground, smashes McMillan and when he lands hes standing in front of the ref and starts screaming at him, no idea what about.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cerny also absolutely melted our striker in a "50/50" by superman punching him in mid air when the ball was already past him, something that led to said striker being unable to play for at least three months, yet avoided even a booking as he ran straight to the ref and somehow managed to intimidate him and plead innocence before McMillan had even landed.

Literally, he leaps off the ground, smashes McMillan and when he lands hes standing in front of the ref and starts screaming at him, no idea what about.

Tbf, David McMillan looked a total jobber. Probably worked out for the best that you didn't have to play him.

(But yes, that was standard Cerny.)

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Tbf, David McMillan looked a total jobber. Probably worked out for the best that you didn't have to play him.

(But yes, that was standard Cerny.)

Well it meant we had to spend the first six months of this season playing him, as we had no idea how shite he actually was due to him barely playing in the previous six.