The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, BdenJag said:

The Thistle Da’s in tears about Doolan not playing the last few games. Have they watched him this season?

Yes but they’ve also seen Mansell, a slow man’s Miles Storey.

What's our best team (best is a relative term) for the run in? I'd suggest something like

Sneddon

Elliott Saunders Anderson Penrice

Slater Bannigan

Fitzpatrick Spittal Cardle

McDonald

with Storey / Doolan / Coulibaly (christ knows what's going on there) / Mansell (desperation stakes) to come off the bench. Think the keepers are much of a muchness, and wouldn't argue over McMillan at right back either. Could maybe move Slater forward  instead of Spittal and play Gordon in the midfield. We've kept Gordon for this long, I assume he'll play when Bannigan gets his 2 game ban after his next yellow. No Harkins anywhere pls.

Edited by Fuctifano

That probably is our best 11. And I'd bet we'll field it precisely zero times in the run-in.

No Harkins or Storey for the remainder of the season would be smashing, but like last year where we were still trudging out Devine, Barton and Woods in the last few games despite them being a collective disgrace, we'll almost certainly see the pair of them every fixture.

Slater is too slow to play as a DMF and sucks at getting stuck in, even if he’s beside someone like Bannigan. 

If playing two DMF’s, our best combo is probably Bannigan and McCarthy/Wilson as they actually tackle. 

Darren Brady brought more to the team than Harkins is these days.. he’s regressed that much. 

4-2-3-1 days are over. I reckon 3-5-2/ 5-3-2 will be the order of the day at Morton. 

Hazard

Elliott McMillan Anderson Saunders Penrice

Spittal Slater Bannigan

McDonald Fitzpatrick

Subs: Sneddon, McGinty, Harkins, Cardle, Storey, Doolan and Mansell.

Slater is too slow to play as a DMF and sucks at getting stuck in, even if he’s beside someone like Bannigan. 

If playing two DMF’s, our best combo is probably Bannigan and McCarthy/Wilson as they actually tackle. 

Darren Brady brought more to the team than Harkins is these days.. he’s regressed that much. 

I agree that Slater isn’t a defensive midfielder but he’s the best option beside Bannigan by a mile. McCarthy’s not good enough.

I’d agree with Fuctifano’s team apart from in goals. I think Hazard is slightly better but there’s not much in it