The Partick Thistle thread

one of the few players to come out with credit in the playoff loss at Firhill, and scored probably the best goal of our spell in the top flight against Aberdeen. Mainstay of the promotion season too.

Deserves criticism for the stupidity with the gambling fiasco and iirc he was very staunch on twitter (presumably still is, I don't use it but saw it mentioned a few times on here), but he doesn't inspire loathing for me in the way, say, Ryan Edwards does.

edit: or Paul Paton, arsehole that he is. Scott Fox is a dick too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

22 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Let me know what you think, cheers and good luck for the rest of the season. 

Only listened to the Lawless interview, was a decent interview. Was very echoey though so I would work on that. 

Always liked Lawless, wish we still had him. 

59 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Only listened to the Lawless interview, was a decent interview. Was very echoey though so I would work on that. 

Always liked Lawless, wish we still had him. 

Yeh it was a back up copy of the interview, our Audio is usually better than that but for some reason our mic had a bit of a moment and stopped working, luckily we had the dictaphone going as well so that gave us the back up. 

Thanks for giving it a listen and for the feedback, much appreciated. 

Poor game today and still a better team than Falkirk. Sure  we will be ok this season this team has a bit of fight in it not like last year

Probably our poorest performance since the New Year and you couldn’t beat us.
Two mediocre to poor sides who probably will survive but only because Alloa and QoS are a wee bit worse.

Probably our poorest performance since the New Year and you couldn’t beat us.
Two mediocre to poor sides who probably will survive but only because Alloa and QoS are a wee bit worse.

To be fair I think every team in the division is mediocre to poor excluding County(maybe)

Does anyone know who wrote or sung the Partick Thistle F.C. Anthem below?  Im trying to find out this for a scottish football show, as we have a band who wants to cover it but need to get permission from the songwriter of it to do so and can't find out who wrote it.

It's a great song and we would very much like to include it on the show.  Any help or tips greatly appreciated guys.

26 minutes ago, leithboy said:

Does anyone know who wrote or sung the Partick Thistle F.C. Anthem below?  Im trying to find out this for a scottish football show, as we have a band who wants to cover it but need to get permission from the songwriter of it to do so and can't find out who wrote it.

It's a great song and we would very much like to include it on the show.  Any help or tips greatly appreciated guys.

Brian Welsh. Will send you a link to his Facebook.

2 hours ago, leithboy said:

A View from the Terrace, perchance? 

Slacker's correct, it was Brian Welsh aka Big Welshy who recorded it, but it a riff on Billy Connolly's 'D.I.V.O.R.C.E'. Assume Brian will be able to advise you on copyright.

Thanks very much for getting back to me everyone, much appreciated.  We tracked down Big Welshy and we are going to cover the song.  It could be a view from the terrace, but you might just need to tune in to find out.....It's a view from the terrace. haha. 

Anyone know the details of the tile unveiling tonight?  It's 'before the game' apparently.  Do I just go up and wait now?

Emailed the club of course.  They haven't replied, so I can only assume they're consulting legal representatives, formulating an official response, will call a press conference in due course and then send me a letter to answer the question.  No way they've ignored a fan.  

13 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

Anyone know the details of the tile unveiling tonight?  It's 'before the game' apparently.  Do I just go up and wait now?

Emailed the club of course.  They haven't replied, so I can only assume they're consulting legal representatives, formulating an official response, will call a press conference in due course and then send me a letter to answer the question.  No way they've ignored a fan.  

The details for the tile unveiling tomorrow night(don't turn up tonight or you'll freeze to death on South Drive) were posted online yesterday - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/tiles-to-be-unveiled-on-friday-night/

6.20 in the JH Stand

6.30 in the JL Stand

Just now, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

The details for the tile unveiling tomorrow night(don't turn up tonight or you'll freeze to death on South Drive) were posted online yesterday - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/tiles-to-be-unveiled-on-friday-night/

6.20 in the JH Stand

6.30 in the JL Stand

Cheers.  Typed out the post, checked again and saw that.  That's what I get for being a smartarse, again.  I'll never learn.