The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Maryhill is never short of puddles. They'll be fine.

Haud yer wheesht! 

3qmF2Gz.png

The Jackie Husband Bus was by far the best.    

Kenny McCue, 40 heart-attacks and aff-the-drink but still smoked like a chimney, came up to me and my mate right up the back one time after Alloa away.     "Gies a wee tate of yer ginger boys"....    we had been battering the rum and coke for about 4 seasons and no one-ish had a clue.       We knew he was aff it and looked at each other.   Either get barred aff the bus or give him the taste again.  

Gave him the taste.  We love getting pumped aff Alloa.   

"Could have told me, boys" - massive smile on his coupon!     I loved that bus.    

45 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Some interesting stuff. Hopefully two players still to come in, including an experienced striker!!

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptfc-trust-update-january-2019/

if we're looking at another striker then I'm inclined to think that Doolan will have to find a way to play in a deeper role for the team? I'm assuming we wouldn't let Doolan and Erskine go in the same window, and unless we're shifting on Coulibaly (and/or Storey since he's featured up front quite a lot edit: Mutombo is listed as a forward on the website too and will probably be away one way or another, be it transferred out, loaned or Mutual Consent'd)  it's hard to see how we can fit another striker into the squad and find a way to give them all game time.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

40 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Experienced striker you say?

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 15.56.13.png

Until we signed Mansell I was convinced he was coming back, now I'm convinced again.

Few points from that: not much word on any outs this month (not that I expected players to be named, just word on if we're hoping to move more on)- we have 25 players on the books who have played a first team game this season plus Mansell and McMillan, 2 more to come will take us to 29, which is huge. 5 strikers seems a lot, perhaps Coulibaly on way out?

Hopefully the stuff for next season is able to be put to good use in the championship. Good spin on the unbeaten in 2019 stat.

The injuries do seem to have been better this season. Lennox, O'Ware, and Gordon were / are all long term injuries but sustained during matches and subbed at the time, only really Coulibaly has been the "injured in training and out for months", so credit for that and / or for getting rid of Junior Mendes.

The training ground stuff seems a bit woolly, especially when rumours have been floating around of more serious hitches.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

O'Dea not in the Dundee squad tonight.

He’s completing a suspension tonight but I’m assuming since the evening times article and Dundee brought in Davies. So unless we are letting him complete his suspension so he could play on Saturday (admittedly that’s a bit tinfoil hat theory). 

Just now, cilitbang said:

He’s completing a suspension tonight but I’m assuming since the evening times article and Dundee brought in Davies. So unless we are letting him complete his suspension so he could play on Saturday (admittedly that’s a bit tinfoil hat theory). 

Fair enough. But it does seem as if Dundee will let him go.

Would imagine us signing any more players is dependant on others going. Bell, Lennox, Keown, Ntambwe and Mutumbo are all out of Caldwell’s plans and wastes of a wage. Would imagine we’d need to pay them off as well.

44 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Does Davis not have a broken foot hence why dees fans said odea would not be leaving 

O’Dea won’t be leaving unless we bring someone in. We’ve only got three first team CB’s including O’Dea with Davies and Meekings injured at the moment. We do have Jeffries but considering he couldn’t get a game for yourselves, he’s likely to be no use to us.

Edit: Forgot we signed some Swedish lad yesterday who can play midfield and defence so maybe O’Dea might move on.