The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

It's like the days of Cowan and Hughes all over again. 

Pathetic.

This makes me miss the days of Hughes trying to tell fans they don't know how much a lightbulb for the floodlights costs when discussing the budget.

You could laugh at the ridiculousness of it all back then, now it's just offensive. For a supposed PR expert the chairman seems to enjoy treating the fans with utter contempt.

oh and whilst we're at it. Thistle have announced they will be having another Dinner with the Players Event at Cottiers Theatre.

When you might ask? oh it's the 4th of February.

yes, thats right, just the 5 days before Doolan's first Testimonial Event at Websters Theatre,

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

You might want to read Bairnarndos post again m8. 

He didn't say we wouldn't sign him, he's suggesting that we would just tap him up. 

i meant us, we're the team at the bottom of the league.

Edited by dave.j

31 minutes ago, Trump said:

This seems similar to when Hartley forced fans favourites Kerr and Miller out last season. We all know how that ended up long term.

Yeah and Kerr signed with us and we won the league. Hopefully history repeats itself.

5c350f7f06038_j-lofromtheblock.png.ab87614497c7f4fedbab2c8ad23bf52c.png

Ffs. I’m sorry but this shite is out of line. I understand the anti-Caldwell position. I’m not a huge fan of the guy either. I’m not even that pro Lowe and Gerry as Chief Exec as he’s so far not shown me much he’s going to be an equivalent or improvement on Ian Maxwell but the abuse towards people who love the club just as much as we do is a little much. I’d like to see you c*nts do the jobs they do and succeed. I believe some on the Twitter-sphere actually want us to lose on Saturday v Falkirk. It’s truly astounding the state of some of our support. Gerry is a club legend. Just as Archie is and the rhetoric needs to stop as he and all those at the club are trying so hard to turn this ship. You don’t believe that. You’re crazy.

F*cking pure cowardice to do shite like this online hiding behind your sh*tey made up names pretending to know what the f*ck you’re talking about. Have some respect. If you knew anything about Lowe you wouldn’t post this bile on here, joke or not. The woman gives an incredible amount of time to the club with little to nothing in return except a passion as a supporter who’s willing to lead during a difficult period. Yes, we’ve been dreadful for 18 months, of which only 6 months of it she’s been Chairman, but it doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing. When you get in a rut like this it takes perseverance and a lot of work to get out of it. I own my own business and I can tell you it’s a f*ucking grind. Sleepless nights, 16-20 hour days most nights, even weekends. It’s stressful as your responsible for people’s livelihoods. You don’t take that lightly so lighten up on abuse. It’s irresponsible. This isn’t just a game. It’s a business. Mistakes get made, that’s how you learn and I’m incredibly concerned about our position as I’ve expressed in my last posts but I don’t resort to childish and pathetic abusive caricatures.

The last 6 months online I’ve been really disappointed by our fans. Some on here, and I’ve remained relatively quiet, but mainly the trash on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t even get me started on WAT. I haven’t been on there for months. It’s a joke. The Twitter meltdowns are like a bunch of teenage girls falling out at a sleepover. The crazy chat with little to no evidence. No perspective. No reality and jumping to conclusions is comical. Social media is the perfect place for fans to just talk utter p*ish with no consequences to their lazy chat. Criticism is fine but we’re past that now.

If we want to turn the tide and assist the club to change course and correct our path, we have to get past this pathetic bullsh*t. Going after Miles Storey for example after he has actually been working his socks off for the club is another disgrace. His performance v United was excellent, especially in the first half. He also has played better in the holiday and new year period but fans barrage him. I give credit to him and the manager for having the character to continue to do so and with low confidence. Fans should be ashamed at the way they’ve treated him. I’m fine with being critical but it’s way past that if you read the crap on Facebook and Twitter. Regards Erskine. He’s one of my favorite players of the last 10 years as I’m sure he is too many but the outrage without the full picture is ridiculous. At this time we as fans are finding more conflict and jumping to conclusions. Making the situation worse. Lowe probably has nothing to do with it. So the above is shameful.

We’ve got to stop pointing fingers and being abusive and start being proud of this club, our history and those trying hard to change the tide, starting with this weekend against Falkirk. Getting behind the team in the stands, and when the club asks for us to spend some money on half season books or in the club store, or attending a dinner at cottiers to show support for the players we do it. The players need to see it, as that’s what proud supporters do even in the hard times. The players I’m sure would respond to it positively.

If this club was in League 2 I’d happily try my hardest to give what I can in time and money. Yes we’re a club that wants to be in the Premiership or competing at the top end of this league but that doesn’t always happen. It’s time to stop the negativity. It’s getting boring and I for one am exhausted with the constant finger pointing.

I’m a Thistle fan. I’m not always happy. Some times I’m high and sometimes I’m low but I’m always there. Im always ready to back them and the administration. It’s time we all did that and let our board make the tough decisions. They mean well and want to stop this slide. They will. But we back who’s in the dugout and who’s on the field. We have too or it’s not going to improve.

#wearethistle #monthejags

11 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Ffs. I’m sorry but this shite is out of line. I understand the anti-Caldwell position. I’m not a huge fan of the guy either. I’m not even that pro Lowe and Gerry as Chief Exec as he’s so far not shown me much he’s going to be an equivalent or improvement on Ian Maxwell but the abuse towards people who love the club just as much as we do is a little much. I’d like to see you c*nts do the jobs they do and succeed. I believe some on the Twitter-sphere actually want us to lose on Saturday v Falkirk. It’s truly astounding the state of some of our support. Gerry is a club legend. Just as Archie is and the rhetoric needs to stop as he and all those at the club are trying so hard to turn this ship. You don’t believe that. You’re crazy.

F*cking pure cowardice to do shite like this online hiding behind your sh*tey made up names pretending to know what the f*ck you’re talking about. Have some respect. If you knew anything about Lowe you wouldn’t post this bile on here, joke or not. The woman gives an incredible amount of time to the club with little to nothing in return except a passion as a supporter who’s willing to lead during a difficult period. Yes, we’ve been dreadful for 18 months, of which only 6 months of it she’s been Chairman, but it doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing. When you get in a rut like this it takes perseverance and a lot of work to get out of it. I own my own business and I can tell you it’s a f*ucking grind. Sleepless nights, 16-20 hour days most nights, even weekends. It’s stressful as your responsible for people’s livelihoods. You don’t take that lightly so lighten up on abuse. It’s irresponsible. This isn’t just a game. It’s a business. Mistakes get made, that’s how you learn and I’m incredibly concerned about our position as I’ve expressed in my last posts but I don’t resort to childish and pathetic abusive caricatures.

The last 6 months online I’ve been really disappointed by our fans. Some on here, and I’ve remained relatively quiet, but mainly the trash on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t even get me started on WAT. I haven’t been on there for months. It’s a joke. The Twitter meltdowns are like a bunch of teenage girls falling out at a sleepover. The crazy chat with little to no evidence. No perspective. No reality and jumping to conclusions is comical. Social media is the perfect place for fans to just talk utter p*ish with no consequences to their lazy chat. Criticism is fine but we’re past that now.

If we want to turn the tide and assist the club to change course and correct our path, we have to get past this pathetic bullsh*t. Going after Miles Storey for example after he has actually been working his socks off for the club is another disgrace. His performance v United was excellent, especially in the first half. He also has played better in the holiday and new year period but fans barrage him. I give credit to him and the manager for having the character to continue to do so and with low confidence. Fans should be ashamed at the way they’ve treated him. I’m fine with being critical but it’s way past that if you read the crap on Facebook and Twitter. Regards Erskine. He’s one of my favorite players of the last 10 years as I’m sure he is too many but the outrage without the full picture is ridiculous. At this time we as fans are finding more conflict and jumping to conclusions. Making the situation worse. Lowe probably has nothing to do with it. So the above is shameful.

We’ve got to stop pointing fingers and being abusive and start being proud of this club, our history and those trying hard to change the tide, starting with this weekend against Falkirk. Getting behind the team in the stands, and when the club asks for us to spend some money on half season books or in the club store, or attending a dinner at cottiers to show support for the players we do it. The players need to see it, as that’s what proud supporters do even in the hard times. The players I’m sure would respond to it positively.

If this club was in League 2 I’d happily try my hardest to give what I can in time and money. Yes we’re a club that wants to be in the Premiership or competing at the top end of this league but that doesn’t always happen. It’s time to stop the negativity. It’s getting boring and I for one am exhausted with the constant finger pointing.

I’m a Thistle fan. I’m not always happy. Some times I’m high and sometimes I’m low but I’m always there. Im always ready to back them and the administration. It’s time we all did that and let our board make the tough decisions. They mean well and want to stop this slide. They will. But we back who’s in the dugout and who’s on the field. We have too or it’s not going to improve.

#wearethistle #monthejags

OK Gerry. 

I love all this hiding behind usernames patter when I'd say a fair proportion of us all know who each other are  including folk who work for the club.  No one is saying anything different on here than is being said on other social media where our names are attached to what we say or in person. 

Jacqui Low and Gerry Britton are a pair of absolute chancers who have made a complete mess of the club,. I'll happily tell anyone who wants to listen that whether that be on here or at Firhill. 

I think Erskine has been one of our better players over the last few years but he has went into decline over the last season and a half ,as far as loyalty is concerned he doesn't get close Doolan and putting him in the same boat as him is an insult to Doolan ,don't forget he was off as soon as he got a chance to Dundee Utd and when it went sour he was back with his tail between his legs ,I think it is time for him to go as the games are passing him by ,maybe a change will give him the boost he needs for his own game