The Partick Thistle thread

To challenge sneddon I believe as bell and Lennox likely be away 
Hopefully Bell is away anyway on a little positive note at least GC signings are getting done early rather than the last day of the window, not sure if they are good enough tho but what can you attract when you are in a position like ours

We had Conor Hazard on loan for the second half of last season (because Robbie Thomson was shite and David Mitchell got a bad injury) and he did ok. Played 11 times, conceded 9 with 5 clean sheets (although 2 of those were games vs Brechin). I don't recall any bad mistakes however I think our support were quite underwhelmed given he'd just signed a new 4 year contract with Celtic.  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

We had Conor Hazard on loan for the second half of last season (because Robbie Thomson was shite and David Mitchell got a bad injury) and he did ok. Played 11 times, conceded 9 with 5 clean sheets (although 2 of those were games vs Brechin). I don't recall any bad mistakes however I think our support were quite underwhelmed given he'd just signed a new 4 year contract with Celtic.  
What's the point in signing a keeper who 'underwhelmed' at Falkirk? Feel a bit sorry for Lennox. Just worked his way back from injury and looks to have been disregarded by Caldwell who hasn't even seen him play. Lennox and Sneddon could've fought it out. Waste of a loan.

On the face of it, Caldwell has made two relatively solid signings in GGH and Saunders, both of which address blatant inadequacies in the current squad.

I don't know much about Hazard but I would definitely have been in the market for another keeper given the options we currently have available. Can't say I was too convinced with Sneddon on Saturday although others will have seen more of him; Lennox is an eternal sicknote; and Bell is a (likely) expensive dud. If we can move either (or preferably both) of the latter on during the month, that would be a good move.

That said, I'd be pretty underwhelmed to say the least with the signing of Ally Roy who has struggled to make an impact at any of the Scottish teams he's been at, it would seem. However, if it's a case of Roy in and Mutombo out, I'd be relatively satisfied - more so that another waster who should never have been here in the first place is off the bill though.

Above all, I'm encouraged at the speed that we've started our business. Whether you consider them 'good' or not, it's clear that Caldwell knew who he wanted and has moved quickly - far quicker than his predecessor ever would.

apparently the thistle board arent keen to give Caldwell money to strengthen as " it will bankrupt them"

he has told them if they don't strengthen then they will go down and that will bankrupt them.

oh he tries to get Goodwillie but he is unwilling to go full time again,

he is on £700 at Clyde and also works on the roads.

Any idea where Bell is potentially heading?

We need back up for Clark, and a cheap, experienced, option is likely to be perfect.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea where Bell is potentially heading?

We need back up for Clark, and a cheap, experienced, option is likely to be perfect.

I’ll send him to Perth in the Megabus tonight.

apparently the thistle board arent keen to give Caldwell money to strengthen as " it will bankrupt them"
he has told them if they don't strengthen then they will go down and that will bankrupt them.
Sounds legit.

6 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Considering we agreed a budget with him start of last month I’m calling bull-shit on that score even though our finances could be in serious trouble if we go down.

Goodwillie is persona non grata at Firhill so I’m calling BS on that one too.

No loans c9ming down the m9, m9?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think he's one of your higher earners?

I’d think so as one of our most experienced players and he was one of our first announced signings just after Cerny left. £800-1000 would be my guess. 

Goodwillie might be on £700 a month at Clyde but never on that per week.

33 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

And he'll be staying part time at Clyde and working on the roads. Not a chance. Plus there is no way he is on that per week at the scummiest club in the SPFL. If it smells like shite it probably is shite. 

This thread has been grim reading for weeks. Surely we can get 4-5 more players through the door and off load some of the crap Archie left us with to begin a rebuild? We got a couple of duds off the books so far. I think it is time we get 2-3 more off and start to get some players in with some grit and fight in them. At least those traits will get the fans onside. There is nothing worse than players who seem to have no motivation or character to fight. 

Cammy Bell has to be a nominee for one of the worst signings in Jags history. With Jack Storer following a close second, however he did score one of the best goals seen at Firhill tbf.