The Partick Thistle thread

Had a look down the League and seen that Abroath have a good lead. Wondered who their manager was , though "ooh he could be someone to look at"

Burst out laughing when I found out who it was.

I think I want that car crash again just for the SCENES.

Alarmed with the fact Caldwell seems to be trying to focus on getting us sorted defensively first going by some of the comments on the OS from himself and the players since he came in - what he says makes sense, but it certainly looks like it isn't working at the minute.

Pretty much need to find a decent right back from somewhere imminently - not too sure what the loan or transfer rules are like in the Championship right enough but I'm not comfortable with having to wait until January to do so, hope we can find and register someone.

What an unmitigated disaster relegation last season was.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Hard to believe 18 months ago we were in the top 6 teams in the country. The fall has been spectacular to say the least. Plenty of people need to look at themselves in the mirror, from the management past and present, the chief executives and especially the players. It has been disgraceful!

32 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Alarmed with the fact Caldwell seems to be trying to focus on getting us sorted defensively first going by some of the comments on the OS from himself and the players since he came in - what he says makes sense, but it certainly looks like it isn't working at the minute.

Pretty much need to find a decent right back from somewhere imminently - not too sure what the loan or transfer rules are like in the Championship right enough but I'm not comfortable with having to wait until January to do so, hope we can find and register someone.

What an unmitigated disaster relegation last season was.

No emergency loans anymore apart from goalkeepers if none are available.

The lack of judgement displayed by Caldwell commenting on the Lennon situation was concerning, as was his pathetic attempts at backtracking the morning after.

Publicly hanging players out to dry in the aftermath of today's embarrassment, whilst unquestionably deserved, is very concerning; it's absolute lunacy given we cannot make any significant changes to the squad until January and he's inevitably going to have to call on these players over the coming weeks. It's a sure fire way to lose the players' support. No question, every player needs a rollicking, they've been nowhere near good enough, but you don't do it in the press.

However most concerning - no, alarming - is the fact that he thought it tactically viable to put fucking Christie Elliott at centre half when an actual defender was on the bench.

If you don't laugh, you'd cry.

1 minute ago, Armand 2 said:

The lack of judgement displayed by Caldwell commenting on the Lennon situation was concerning, as was his pathetic attempts at backtracking the morning after.

Publicly hanging players out to dry in the aftermath of today's embarrassment, whilst unquestionably deserved, is very concerning; it's absolute lunacy given we cannot make any significant changes to the squad until January and he's inevitably going to have to call on these players over the coming weeks. It's a sure fire way to lose the players' support. No question, every player needs a rollicking, they've been nowhere near good enough, but you don't do it in the press.

However most concerning - no, alarming - is the fact that he thought it tactically viable to put fucking Christie Elliott at centre half when an actual defender was on the bench.

I don't understand anything he's done so far, but the players definitely need an absolute fucking kick up the arse and told the truth about how they are performing.

If what I've seen elsewhere is true and Mcginty got a bit lippy when Caldwell critisised him then the manager should have said prove me wrong or you won't be in team next week?

Instead he moves a guy who used to play up front and has been turned into a makeshift full back and wing back to centre back ? Everybody and there fucking granny know Elliot can't defend.

Also agree with you Caldwell made himself look like an absolute fuckwit with the whole Lennon thing ! Why say something like that then backtrack I think the board have made a huge mistake 

I don't have a problem with hanging players out to dry. Mollycoddling them week after week has done f**k all. Making these boys aware the next step in their career is part-time football and a regular job like every c**t won't do us any harm at this point.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

13 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

The Lennon comments were stupid due to the fact Lennon would probably have done us a favour in terms of loan signings - forget that now

As alarming as the Elliot at CB is, i think it also highlights how shit or how little he rates Scobbie, and Jeffers who i genuinely forgot existed until you mentioned him awhile ago

The board are totally complicit in not sacking Archie before they did and appointing an utter buffoon in place of him. We are headed for League One. An utter disgrace.

Nope can’t see it, saw enough last week to think you guys will be fine. Alloa are doomed Falkirk will be in a play off

We're soft as f**k from top to bottom right now. The spineless board, the incompetent staff, the shitebag players and the fans willing to accept us being utterly dreadful as long as it means they can bang on about "playing the Partick Thistle way" or people being "a Thistle man", whatever any of that shite means.

This transfer window better be some Ross County winter window shenanigans. Get the whole thing ripped up and cleared out.

There's a thing online from a lecturer in football finance that suggests we had a wage bill higher than some teams in League 1 in England last year and had a wage bill only 200k off big spending Ross County ffs. And we're going to end up having to spend money again in January to ensure we don't suffer another disaster. :lol: