The Partick Thistle thread

I've been a supporter of Archibald since his appointment, even through relegation, but i'm done now. He  simply cannot put a squad together, even for this level. 

He needs a Director of Football above him, but watching Britton's interview, the guy looks and talks like a car crash victim, it's no wonder we can't sign anyone.

It’s pretty alarming that The management team are so desperate to hang on to Bannigan that we are willing to pay his wages while he has constant injury break downs. It’s as if we have no chance of finding some1 better.

Nothing against Banzo in the slightest but we are a fitba team no a charity, pay as you play deal or goodbye and thanks.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Highlights of Brittons interview below 

https://youtu.be/A8Zfd2Kzw1k

I kept watching in the hope he'd do something like this, tbh :

Edit: - wonder whether he's making a general observation or a more thinly veiled dig with "Or to sign players maybe to stop other teams from signing them which can be the case at certain clubs"...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Collins Out! said:

I've been a supporter of Archibald since his appointment, even through relegation, but i'm done now. He  simply cannot put a squad together, even for this level. 

He needs a Director of Football above him, but watching Britton's interview, the guy looks and talks like a car crash victim, it's no wonder we can't sign anyone.

That car crash victim managed to obtain a law degree whilst having a professional football career.  Have some respect for one of life's good guys.

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

He was also one half of a terrible management duo, an inconvenient truth that appears to have been erased from Thistle history in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

He was also one half of a terrible management duo, an inconvenient truth that appears to have been erased from Thistle history in recent years.

Mate, that's not mitigation for slagging his speech or demeanour. Criticism of of his ability to manage a football team is entirely valid, the rest of the pish spouted comes across as bedwetting.  He may turn out to be a pish chief exec, or an amazing one, but he's a very intelligent man that has been in football a long time, and deserves some respect.

5 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Mate, that's not mitigation for slagging his speech or demeanour. Criticism of of his ability to manage a football team is entirely valid, the rest of the pish spouted comes across as bedwetting.  He may turn out to be a pish chief exec, or an amazing one, but he's a very intelligent man that has been in football a long time, and deserves some respect.

The speech thing is pretty shite but he's correct about Britton and the way the club is being ran.
Britton went from being the wean's coach to Chief Executive.
Him and Alan Rough working together would be like an episode of the Chuckle Brothers.

No wonder Doolan didn't want to leave. He's set up with a job for life.

Sounds like the wagons are being circled already. They've clearly heard the criticism from the fans (excluding the Archibald fanboys on WAT obviously) about the lack of signings and the quality of play during the League Cup and felt it necessary to issue a video which really didn't say much .

42 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

That car crash victim managed to obtain a law degree whilst having a professional football career.  Have some respect for one of life's good guys.

I've got a degree and I can barely work the kettle. Britton is a disaster of an appointment for Chief Exec.

This  whole family club ex player bullshit is the reason we are going into another downward spiral.

It’s fair enough that off the pitch we are in a pretty healthy position but if not for the weirs where would we be ?

Lambie was so successful because he knew when he had to be ruthless and let people go that weren’t doing a job. I feel that is what our club is lacking at the moment.

Edited by Thistle4eva