The Partick Thistle thread

Absolutely the club could give free tickets or give to an appropriate charity. The club aren't paying for the banner though and even if they were the small amount it costs is nothing for 300 people being made homeless overnight.
I see nobody has addressed the points about everything being political and the fact the club already supports minorities fighting for justice by way of the anti racism campaign and LGBT rights.

It was addressed by Mr. John MacLean above.
So then everyone should be able to express their liberal, conservative, religious, activist, social views at Firhill without anyone passing judgement then. Any view should be tolerated. Whether you or I dislike it. All I’m saying is once you start taking political positions it defines you and you inevitably will alienate supporters. I think it’s fine to do it but openly and public at matches. I’m not sure I agree with that. My disdain for the OF teams is partially due to that nonsense.

Back to football...based on a few of the above posts we have 16-18 or so players including the feasible youth players who are making the step up.

I’m usually pretty patient and relaxed when it comes to signings as it’s always slow at Firhill. We expect it as others like United, Falkirk etc bring in entire legions of players. I do think we are lacking about 4-5 players of solid quality. What’s odd is that the board and Archie stated we’d have as competitive a budget as anyone in this league. Know I’m not sure what that means? County and Dundee United seem to be out in front. Even Archie made a joke about Arabs affording his wages when we couldn’t. Dunfermline also have been making some waves.

If we plan on competing at top level and win the league in this Archie’s sole season to redeem himself after last season, doing it with 15/16 first team players and 2-3 youth players isn’t going to work.

I think we’ve got some nice players in. We’ve kept the ones we want to keep like Doolz and Squiddy. But for me as I stated previously. We lack some real guile and experience in key areas. 1-2 real operators at this level would only help us as we’ve got quite a young team overall. Plus we cant catch breaks with Banzo. I feel for him as I bet he really wants to be a part of the team and playing as much as he’s been out this past 2 years. A fit Banzo would make us far better.

15 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

It was addressed by Mr. John MacLean above.
So then everyone should be able to express their liberal, conservative, religious, activist, social views at Firhill without anyone passing judgement then. Any view should be tolerated. Whether you or I dislike it. All I’m saying is once you start taking political positions it defines you and you inevitably will alienate supporters. I think it’s fine to do it but openly and public at matches. I’m not sure I agree with that. My disdain for the OF teams is partially due to that nonsense.

My post wasn't addressed by John and he'll be the first to admit that.

The club already take a position on it since they do charitable work in the community with refugees. It's complete bollocks that the club should be open to all, the club should chase anyone who has a problem with their efforts to include minority groups whether that be their community work with refugees, the creation of the LGBT supporters group or whatever.

You claim your disdain for the OF is due 'that nonsense' yet your attitude that 'any view should be tolerated' is precisely the type of attitude that allows bigoted views to flourish.

Lawless, then. Talk to me, Thistle fans.

Sorry for interrupting your deep political debate, btw.

Tidy player and works hard. Would’ve kept him on but if we stayed up would’ve got rid.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Lawless, then. Talk to me, Thistle fans.

Sorry for interrupting your deep political debate, btw.

Loves Twitter and a punt on the football.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not good enough for St Mirren according to some of their fans. :unsure2:

That is on par with Dundee fans level of delusion.

With the correct reception Doolan will tear this league in half. 

13 more goals to become our 2nd top goalscorer of all time in all competitions (suspect the 113 to 1st place may be beyond him). Missed a couple of seal-clubbing opportunities vs Stenny and Albion in the LC.

edit so I don't have to go back and keep searching WAT stats thread

Doolan #5 currently on 115

Jimmy Walker # 4 on 118

George Smith #3 on 125

Willie Paul #2 on 127

Edited by Fuctifano