The Partick Thistle thread

I went to the Accies home game a week last Saturday where he played a defensive midfield role. He looked decent but by the sounds of it centre half is where most have liked him these last two games. Let's hope so as we need a solid calm presence back there. Nice to see him fitting in with the team! Edwards is class and let's hope Azeez becomes a goal machine.

So for next year we've got

Cerny

Dumbuya Devine Lindsay Booth

Osman Barton

Azeez Erskine Lawless

Doolan

Scully, Bannigan,Nisbet.

Good team for the championship, that.

Only leaves the following at this stage out of contract of the ones over 19.

Welsh

Amoo

Elliott

Wilson

Edwards

McDaid

Fraser

Gordon

Sign Christie up for life and sort the rest out nearer the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Good team for the championship, that.

I wonder who would remain with us if we did go down, actually. You've got to think Cerny, Dumbuya and Osman would look to get away, possibly Azeez, Lawless, and Barton as well.

Scully, Lindsay, Booth, Erskine and Doolan would stick around, I'm sure.

Won't matter anyway. Now we've got Adam Barton up to speed we're top 6, NAP.

Edited by Nightmare

Excellent business from the club once again. Lindsay is a class act. He's got all the attributes to make a really good career from himself.

Hopefully he'll look at his pal Jack Hendry and resist the urge to jump at the first offer from some jobber English club. If he can make his first 100 professional appearances with us, then he'll be in a far better position to step up to the next level.

Either way, I think he could land us some decent money if he keeps on developing at the rate he has been.

5 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Would keep Amoo and Edwards and take a scatter gun approach replacing the rest as cant be any worse in terms of ability or being injured 

I'd keep both of them as well, but definitely keep Elliott as well. Useful backup for just about every position on the pitch.

Ideal Gary Fraser will decide he wants to/is fit enough to actually play again at some point this season so we can make a better judgment on whether or not to keep him, but right now that looks miles off, and realistically he'll be out the door.

Ideal Gary Fraser will decide he wants to/is fit enough to actually play again at some point this season

Doubt it's in his hands, tbf. Heard he's facing further knee surgery.