The Partick Thistle thread

Great to have him back.

---------------- Cerny

Syme* - Devine - Lindsay - Booth

--------- Osman - Bannigan

----- Amoo - Erskine - Lawless

--------------- Doolan

*Obviously Dumbuya is first choice, but with his long term injury I've put Syme in instead.

That looks like a pretty solid team for this level. As I said before, I still think we need to strengthen at CB, as I'd call that the weakest area of the team, but midfield to front we now look very respectable, and with decent depth as well.

I still think we need another couple of defenders. One injury and dynamics of team change rapidly. Not a lot of depth but quality is certainly there.

Nice to get signings done early and so I expect if we can bring in a couple more players of quality to team before deadline everyone will be happy to start season well unlike last year.

Brilliant news about Bannigan.

Yeah I think we need a centre half and a full back. Saw someone mention the possibility of Hendry on loan but I'd be against that. I think we still need an experienced guy at the back, someone like Greer would be fantastic but think that's probably unrealistic.

I think we should offer Yogi a ballboy position so he can get a signed ball from Lawless, Osman n Banzo since thats the only way he'll get their signatures :P

Would be great if we could get Greer but it depends on how much he wants money vs 1st team football.

I'd rather get another cm rather than winger since we have plenty that can cover wings. If one of Osman/Banzo are out the team, we are very fragile in the middle.

Just thinking, on the 1st of if January you said by July we'd have Cerny, Booth, Osman, Bannigan, Lawless,  Erskine, and Doolan all signed on 2 year plus deals (think Dumbuya had already signed extension by that point) I would never have believed it possible.

Seems similar to us and Murray Davidson. Hes been too good for us for years but a reputation for injuries puts everyone else off.

I think we should offer Yogi a ballboy position so he can get a signed ball from Lawless, Osman n Banzo since thats the only way he'll get their signatures :P

Would be great if we could get Greer but it depends on how much he wants money vs 1st team football.

I'd rather get another cm rather than winger since we have plenty that can cover wings. If one of Osman/Banzo are out the team, we are very fragile in the middle.

agree with you mate

Maybe we underestimated how much impact the debt was having on our budget?

That's my thought. Don't think it's a coincidence that 2 and even 3 year deals have been handed out a lot, including the management team, in the months after wiping out our debt.