The Partick Thistle thread

We need two proven centre backs. With players down south becoming out of contract next week, that may see us pick up one or two more players.

I'd be very surprised if we signed two further out-and-out centre backs. I'm content enough with a first choice pairing of Lindsay and Devine with AN Other to provide cover. Syme can cover there too.

I imagine we'll only have another two or three arrivals in total.

I'd rather Lindsay wasn't part of the first choice pairing this season. He's young and potentially a very good player at this level, but he was too shaky last season for me to be a real first choice CB for us yet. Would prefer Devine and another, with Lindsay as 3rd choice but still getting a decent amount of game time.

I'd rather Lindsay wasn't part of the first choice pairing this season. He's young and potentially a very good player at this level, but he was too shaky last season for me to be a real first choice CB for us yet. Would prefer Devine and another, with Lindsay as 3rd choice but still getting a decent amount of game time.

Explain how that works please?

Explain how that works please?

Look at this season. He wasn't first choice and he played over 20 games - admittedly it's unlikely we'd have a case where another CB missed as many games as Frans did this year, but the same sort of setup where he acts more as a rotational CB would be ideal for his development, I think.

Edited by Nightmare

Wasn't expecting that at all. Certainly not a two-year deal anyway. Agree with Nizzy that there's probably a release clause in there, but if that means we end up getting some £££ for him next year plus another season (at least) of his services, when we could've lost him this summer for nothing, then we've played a blinder.

Very unexpected, but brilliant news.  Cynicism suggests that maybe his injury is a bit more serious, and other clubs aren't wanting to take a punt on him, but doubt the club would be held to ransom on it.  If we can get him back in the team regularly it's going to be great for us. 

Very unexpected, but brilliant news.  Cynicism suggests that maybe his injury is a bit more serious, and other clubs aren't wanting to take a punt on him, but doubt the club would be held to ransom on it.  If we can get him back in the team regularly it's going to be great for us. 

Saw the news on the OS, was expecting a 6 month deal - really pleased its 2 years!!

Think we've treated him pretty well which tbf is probably a big factor in this - think Liam Buchanan was a similar situation where he was well-treated despite having a nasty injury, signing a longer deal with us prior to us selling him to Dunfermline.