The Partick Thistle thread

Decent enough run out for both teams this afternoon.

Liked the look of Syme, a lot more mobile than I thought he might be. Good talker and with Dumbuya out for the foreseeable future, he's got a great opportunity to make a stake for the right back position. Obviously sterner tests lie ahead but certainly looked tidy and capable enough of challenging for a place.

Pogba looked in great condition, almost as lean as his brother.

Big fan of Nisbet, think he could be a real good player for us. Great finish for his goal after shaking off his marker.

Penrice looked good going forward again but was caught quite a few times defensively, notably for the second goal.

Great to see Erskine back in a Thistle jersey although it was a very low key return apart from smashing one off the post late on.

Kris Doolan is God.

Liked the look of Syme, a lot more mobile than I thought he might be. Good talker and with Dumbuya out for the foreseeable future, he's got a great opportunity to make a stake for the right back position. Obviously sterner tests lie ahead but certainly looked tidy and capable enough of challenging for a place.

Big fan of Nisbet, think he could be a real good player for us. Great finish for his goal after shaking off his marker.

Penrice looked good going forward again but was caught quite a few times defensively, notably for the second goal.

Great to see Erskine back in a Thistle jersey although it was a very low key return apart from smashing one off the post late on.

Kris Doolan is God.

i didn't make the game how did the trialist Donnelly play?

Defence didn't have as much to do 2nd half, couldn't really judge him.

Kris Doolan is God.

Apart from the penalty Pogba looked as lazy as ever, still refuses to jump and challenge for the ball. Doolan looked miles better as soon as he came on. Good decision bringing in a 3rd striker I think. Erskine was unfortunate with his chance, was a great run from midfield. 

ETA: Jack Hendry was also there today, possibly just up in Scotland before pre-season as he wasn't wearing training gear.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

ETA: Jack Hendry was also there today, possibly just up in Scotland before pre-season as he wasn't wearing training gear.

That seems a touch random - up in scotland sorting a loan deal with ourselves or a.n. other scottish side or just watching some old u-20's friends? Or both? We need a centre half and archie rated hendry ahead of our dearly departed cb's of yesteryear...

i didn't make the game how did the trialist Donnelly play?

Played the second half at centre half. Obviously too little evidence to judge on but I'd be inclined to say he didn't look totally comfortable at centre half, possibly more of a full back. Maybe a bit on the small side to play in the middle. Will be interesting to see whether we take him down south next week for a better look. Seems to have a decent enough pedigree though.

Played the second half at centre half. Obviously too little evidence to judge on but I'd be inclined to say he didn't look totally comfortable at centre half, possibly more of a full back. Maybe a bit on the small side to play in the middle. Will be interesting to see whether we take him down south next week for a better look. Seems to have a decent enough pedigree though.

thanks

He's not heading down south as it's too late to book an extra place for him or something.

I got the feeling that today was his first day with us as well, but that's not going on much.

He didn't have much to do apart from miss time a tackle but he did look too short to be a CB - wasn't taller than Doolan,

Question for those at the Dunfermline game - Did Devine look faster or better on the ball than Frans/Seaborne? I'm presuming he's right footed but must admit to not overly noticing him in our games against Caley.

Could see the temptation in trying for a loan deal for Jack Hendry but would mean we'd have a very young central defence.

Hopefully Kevin Nisbet gets put out on loan this season. Definite potential there but unlikely to get much of a look in if we have three strikers. They might want to see how he gets on for the "colts" in the cup first though.

I know it's preseason blablabla but still, losing 3 goals to a Dunfermline side just promoted to the championship also experimenting with trialists etc makes me worry about the CB situation.

Scully played the full 90 minutes, so that accounts for two of the goals :P