The Partick Thistle thread

Fraser's biggest problem is his fragile confidence. Remains to be seen if he can get over the loss of his grandad. He, by all accounts, was the one to put an arm around the lad and make sure he kept the head. Gary has't had the easiest of upbringings.

Not looking forward to 2 more years of Scully, not sure what Archie has seen to think he deserves a new deal at all. Fraser can be a great player and he's still only 21, but he's had a tough time with injuries and his grandad dying had been pretty huge for him. Can't really do the defensive side of the game as well as Banzo though, need a quality replacement for him who can go right into the starting 11.

You can clearly hear a guy shouting out "fucking hell Scully" on the highlights, just as Hamilton's second goal goes in.

That just about sums up how I feel at the prospect of having another two years of him.

Drainage too. Seem to remember an interview with Ian Maxwell where he said we wouldn't have the opportunity to resolve the issues with the pitch until the end of the season. I think there was something saying that the draining system under the pitch hasn't been properly cleared since undersoil heating went in in the 90's.

First time post here! There are a few things to be optimistic about Scully re-signing. He's only going to be a backup, mostly learning from Cerny and Gallacher. He did well at Dunfermline so he has the potential to improve. It will also free up some hours for the backroom staff to concentrate on getting the right players in for more important roles (replacing Banzo/Lawless/Seaborne.) Worst case scenario is we have to get a loan in if there is a long term injury?

'Only' being a backup is hardly a positive seeing as there will be times when he actually has to step in and play, as the last few weeks have shown. And I more ready to suspect having watched him both for us as well as a few of his games at Dunfermline that the latter's fans fell vitim to 'Jamie MacDonald syndrome' - i.e. when a crap goalkeeper is letting past 3-4 goals on a near weekly basis, but by virtue of the odd extravagant save is said to have 'kept the score down'. There's reason to believe he's not even good enough for League One level let alone top flight.

First time post here! There are a few things to be optimistic about Scully re-signing. He's only going to be a backup, mostly learning from Cerny and Gallacher. He did well at Dunfermline so he has the potential to improve. It will also free up some hours for the backroom staff to concentrate on getting the right players in for more important roles (replacing Banzo/Lawless/Seaborne.) Worst case scenario is we have to get a loan in if there is a long term injury?

Great username.

No inside Info or anything on this but I have a real feeling we will look at recently released Simon lappin... Left sided defensive midfielder to replace bannigan/Welsh.... and more importantly great delivery from a set piece.... Something that's been spoke about as a must find next season.. Any thoughts?