The Partick Thistle thread

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-12-best-goalkeepers-in-scottish-football-right-now-1-4112439

Interesting read for the Top 12 Goalkeepers in Scottish football. Our lovely Tomas Cerny made the list but I wont spoil where he landed but I have a feeling, like myself, you guys will have a good laugh reading this as Scott Fox also made it! ;)

Thoughts? Is the list correct? Anything you would change?

That's possibly the most pointless list in the history of pointless lists.

"he has got the ability. He has been at some good-name clubs and wouldn't have been there without that. But it needs someone to get the best out of him.

"He needs an arm around the shoulder and a bit of encouragement. He's a nice guy and whatever level he finds I hope he is playing football regularly."

Sounds like a job for Super Archie.

Erm, who's this?

Does he look like a Chippendale?

Does he play like one?

Heard a while ago that Archie might be interested but apparently has injury problems that is putting us off him. Could be a permenant replacement for Nesbitt (sp?)

Killie game aside, I didn't think he was anything special while he was with us. Far too slow to play on the wing with the way we play. Similar to Stevenson, IMO, that the ability was there but wasn't that bothered about using it and couldn't really nail a position.

If his wage demands are reasonable, I'd be happy to sign him.

Let's face it - we're not exactly spoiled for options when it comes to creative players. He's still young, he has international experience at youth level, he has Premiership experience and he has played with us recently, so fitting in shouldn't be a problem.

There's also scope for selling him on for a decent fee should he continue to progress with us.

Why not?

If Killie stay up I think he'd be more amenable to going back there. Not too sure I'd sign him if we're going to shove him out wide, although I think there's a good player in there somewhere when he can be arsed... which tbh didn't seem too often for us. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he a) generally never looked comfortable in the role he was given, plus iirc a fair few of his appearances for us were coming on as a sub with 15/20 minutes left in matches, if at all, b) he did, even excluding the killie game, show some flashes of talent, and c) I'm wary of knocking him back only for him to do a Kane Hemmings and develop into a player we could sell for £££ down the line.

If Killie stay up I think he'd be more amenable to going back there. Not too sure I'd sign him if we're going to shove him out wide, although I think there's a good player in there somewhere when he can be arsed... which tbh didn't seem too often for us. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he a) generally never looked comfortable in the role he was given, plus iirc a fair few of his appearances for us were coming on as a sub with 15/20 minutes left in matches, if at all, b) he did, even excluding the killie game, show some flashes of talent, and c) I'm wary of knocking him back only for him to do a Kane Hemmings and develop into a player we could sell for £££ down the line.

Maybe he would be more amenable to going to Killie about a year ago but right now there appears to be a bit of a civil war going on there.  They also appear to be losing considerable sums of money and this seasons financial readings are expected to be even more serious than last years, not only have their attendances decreased slightly but they will be having to pay off the rest of Locke's contract.  I think given that he has worked with our Manager and knows the majority of our team we would have as good a chance as them of signing him

Isn't part of the issue with Muirhead that he wants to play as a striker but apart from a few games at Killie has never played there?

I thought he was pretty underwhelming apart from 45 minutes at Kilmarnock, wouldn't be rushing to sign him.

Muirhead is exactly the sort of player who Archie would look at - young and undoubtedly talented but with a point to prove. He's not the Brain of Britain but I think he could be quite an astute signing for someone. As mentioned above, I saw him play at youth level and he was a striker, and quite a decent one at that.

If Archie is interested, I wouldn't be surprised if he's invited to train with us until the end of the season. That said, he only featured fleetingly for us when he was here earlier in the season so maybe Archie didn't fancy him after all.

There must be better proven quality out there for the same money than taking a risk with him. I thought he was only okay.

Also, is an attacking midfielder our priority signing over the summer?

he can also play as a striker - competition for Dools and Pogba