The Partick Thistle thread

20 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

IMG_0563.jpg Had me fooled before I seen the handle. Wouldn’t be surprised if we actually signed him though.

Sums up a lot of things. 

Attention seeking social media post and lazy journalism/churnalism. 

STV picking up on it did make me giggle to be fair but I don't really get the attraction in making these things up. 

I have never seen a Number 9 with worse striker instincts than Moussa in my life. Every time he was required to react on instinct he either hit the ball wide or straight at the keeper, basically anywhere that wouldn't result in a goal, like some sort of anti-Kris Boyd.

But....

He's an incredibly physical presence and has decent ball control. There were times when we were missing Moussa and were completely hemmed in to our own half without his ability to hold the ball up or hassle defenders. Moussa will never be a 15 goal a season in-the-box predator, but if you do sign him, I think he might do a decent job at Championship level.

2 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

I have never seen a Number 9 with worse striker instincts than Moussa in my life. Every time he was required to react on instinct he either hit the ball wide or straight at the keeper, basically anywhere that wouldn't result in a goal, like some sort of anti-Kris Boyd.

But....

He's an incredibly physical presence and has decent ball control. There were times when we were missing Moussa and were completely hemmed in to our own half without his ability to hold the ball up or hassle defenders. Moussa will never be a 15 goal a season in-the-box predator, but if you do sign him, I think he might do a decent job at Championship level.

Hairy tanned salmon.

But....

donkey-shrek-1.74.jpg

Just had a look at that nine-game run without a win, of which Caldwell was in charge for six.    
Caldwell gave Fitzpatrick his only start and brought him on for 30 minutes in two other matches. His only other appearance during that run was a cameo in Archie's last game.
He didn't contribute to the win against Dunfermline, but he started the next game against Alloa...and made no impact.
Caldwell's managed him well, imo. But that obviously doesn't fit the narrative of the #CaldwellOut brigade.

#keeppushing

#powertrip

#sacked

#TB4

But....

Did you ever see Ade Azeez or Mathias Pogba