The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Ahoj Brno! This is a good listen, thanks v much (well, the middle 25 mins anyway - I have now bookmarked!).  "Boiling with exasperation" is a very good description of what it feels like to be a Thistle fan a lot of the time, that's for sure.

You're lucky to live in such a great part of the world, btw - I visit friends in Moravia at least once a year, and occasionally unsuccessfuly suggest we go along to a Brno match (and/or to see the overgrown old stadium - do you know if it is possible to access it to take pictures of the stands with trees growing on them, etc.?). 

Děkuji!

Cheers! We try to do episodes every fortnight as we travel to most home and away games, the same name on Facebook and Twitter for new episodes (should be doing one in the near future for the Spartak Brno - Dunfermline tie). If you're ever back over here and fancy taking in a game be sure to fire me a message. A lot has changed with the old Lužánky stadium - no longer overgrown as it was cleaned up for a testimonial, and there's a bunch of youth football and amateur tournaments there now. There's been a documentary about it, with a trailer at https://thestadiummovie.com/. Don't want to derail the thread with off-topic chat but feel free to PM me whenever.

Ayr seem to be credited with an interest but I see from their thread that McCall doesn't sound confident that he'll get anyone in. I'm quite surprised that someone hasn't moved for him sooner to be honest. With you already having an overage loan player, I'm not sure if Thistle would be able to afford his wage to sign him permanently  (unless we pay him off the difference until the end of the season). He's likely to be one of the players we have on a six figure basic salary.

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ayr seem to be credited with an interest but I see from their thread that McCall doesn't sound confident that he'll get anyone in. I'm quite surprised that someone hasn't moved for him sooner to be honest. With you already having an overage loan player, I'm not sure if Thistle would be able to afford his wage to sign him permanently  (unless we pay him off the difference until the end of the season). He's likely to be one of the players we have on a six figure basic salary.

I think the 1 overage loan thing is gone but we have the max of 4 on loan from Scottish clubs so unless we punt Shea Gordon back to Motherwell then we can't take another. 

I would bin Gordon in general, we have many people ahead of him that can play his role: Bannigan/ Harkins/ Slater/ Penrice/ McCarthy/ Wilson and im probably forgetting someone. 

Use his loan allocation for someone that we might actually use.