The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

If this means we don't see Miles storey up front again it can only be a positive surely

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Good signing if it means that Storey’s out the team.

Someone needs to deliver the killer balls to Lewis :rolleyes:

Has Mansel got nice hair?

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

If this means we don't see Miles storey up front again it can only be a positive surely

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Good signing if it means that Storey’s out the team.

I'm not convinced that debilitating injury or even death is enough to keep Storey out of the team.  Even if it's his. 

Not that my dislike of him has gotten to the point that I'm wishing that on him.  Just...go, or something?

7 hours ago, velo army said:

Amazed at this. Most exciting player that we've had in a while and we're looking to sell, for absolute buttons.

lol wut

What exactly should be the going rate for a youth prospect who isn't good enough yet to get in the worst team in a second tier stacked with absolute dross from to bottom? I'm sure his value will only increase when you're duking it out with Forfar and Airdrie next season in the seaside leagues. 

If the paper talk of those offers is anywhere near accurate then Partick should take the money and run. That's the reality of your situation. 

I agree with VT. A promising young player who could be very good, but equally could be worth nothing in a couple of years. And if he turns into a player, that’s why you stick a decent sell-on clause in there.

Unfortunately Thistle get absolutely shite value for sellable assets, though, so I can understand the assumption that our board will negotiate something like half the money a Falkirk or Accies type club (who regularly sell to England) would.

I agree with VT. A promising young player who could be very good, but equally could be worth nothing in a couple of years. And if he turns into a player, that’s why you stick a decent sell-on clause in there.
Unfortunately Thistle get absolutely shite value for sellable assets, though, so I can understand the assumption that our board will negotiate something like half the money a Falkirk or Accies type club (who regularly sell to England) would.
Dont bring us into we. We are the same as you.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Dont bring us into we. We are the same as you.

I was more thinking of the fortune you got for McGrandles, and slightly less so Vaulks. We would have never got close to the fees you got for those guys.

I’m sure you got a similar fee for an utter jobber in Botti Biaby as we did for Liam Lindsay.

lol wut
What exactly should be the going rate for a youth prospect who isn't good enough yet to get in the worst team in a second tier stacked with absolute dross from to bottom? I'm sure his value will only increase when you're duking it out with Forfar and Airdrie next season in the seaside leagues. 
If the paper talk of those offers is anywhere near accurate then Partick should take the money and run. That's the reality of your situation. 

How much did Theo Walcott go to Arsenal for when he was 17 ?
What about James McCarthy when he left Hamilton at 19.
Whether he gets played or not isn’t always down to his ability but whether the manager likes him or not

Yep, two managers are willing to get their team relegated and themselves sacked all because 'they don't like the player' (supporting evidence: none). As opposed to simply not rating the player as ready to perform in the first team yet - which given his totally useless cameo against ourselves a few weeks back, makes perfect sense. 

James McCarthy was sold in 2009 after winning Young Player of the Year award in the top flight; it's not even remotely comparable to either this player's current ability level or your bargaining position in the market. Sit down. 

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Yep, two managers are willing to get their team relegated and themselves sacked all because 'they don't like the player' (supporting evidence: none). As opposed to simply not rating the player as ready to perform in the first team yet - which given his totally useless cameo against ourselves a few weeks back, makes perfect sense. 

James McCarthy was sold in 2009 after winning Young Player of the Year award in the top flight; it's not even remotely comparable to either this player's current ability level or your bargaining position in the market. Sit down. 

Yeah but you’re a fanny. Hakuna matata.