The Partick Thistle thread

really sad to see a club legend  erskine quitting . good luck to you chris . any way jags  fans what the hell has happened to the scottish international goalie cammy bell

Bell is an absolute waste of space. About 2 stone overweight and utter pish.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Has he actually been of any use this season or last? Club legend I appreciate he is etc. 

Played most of last season, not the best along with the rest of them.

Used sparingly this season. The games he has played a part in, has been one of the better players, and has been one of few who actually looks like they've played football before. Scored the winning goal in two of our four wins. He's not the player he once was, but he can absolutely still stroll it at this level.

42 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Generous. Feels like we've been fucked for years now. 

Can’t argue. Since top6 was confirmed it has been nothing but a steady decline. Just feels like once Livi confirmed our fate, we have been super duper fucked. 

For players to thrive they need to be used in a way that they can be at their best. 

Erskine may not have hit the high levels he was previously capable of in recent months but it’s clear that some better performing clubs than us think he would be a worthwhile addition to their squad. 

Look at Lawless last season with us and look at him this season with Livi. If used right then players like him and Erskine are an asset. And boy do we need assets right now.

AA and GC are both culpable for not utilising those talents to the best of their ability. AA has gone because of his decision making. GC will surely follow, either sooner or later. 

When it all shakes out Thistle will be in a worse position as a result of GCs decision to let Erskine in favour of keeping Storey at the club and in the first 11. Our road back will be harder.

6 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

A monumental PR own goal from a supposed PR expert.

I've seen some bad times at Firhill but I can't recall being quite as disillusioned as I am now. Saturday's game against Stranraer will be lucky to get above 1,500 punters - that's when the board might wake up. Folk are giving up and irrespective of whether Erskine's departure makes sense from a budgetary point of view, this will alienate a big section of the support.

Good luck to Squiddy. Livi have already shown that they are capable of getting a bit more out of players that other club managers' think are finished, e.g. Lee Miller. He always linked up well with Lawless and his talents will be more likely to come to the fore in a team that works as hard as Livi. Hope he plays a blinder and gets it right up Caldwell.

Being honest I think 1500 would be looked on as an excellent crowd. Only thing that might drag a few along is the £10 entry and a couple of decent signings and I wont be holding my breath on the latter transpiring!!

Is Erskine actually any good?? - feel like he'll come and sit on our bench. Not going to get in infront of Byrne, Jacobs and Pitman.

He’s not a centre midfielder so definitely won’t start ahead of any of them.

Slightly related to today's events, it's been clear that Falkirk, as well as St Mirren and Dundee (obvs in a different league but the same situation) have been able to move on a lot of the summer duds who were under contract. We've managed 2 loan returns & Erskine for a nominal fee since the window opened, plus Storer just before it.

Hard to imagine Ntambwe and Mutombo have any part to play, especially the latter after getting subbed a minute before half time. Keown is clearly down the pecking order as well given he was behind Jeffries as sub in the last 2 games, but he probably can't go until we sign another CB. Bell and / or Lennox should also be shifted, but we're evidently having a bit of trouble agreeing severances.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Lots of #CaldwellOut and #LowOut on Twitter just now.

Pleasing. Get the c***s chased.

While I think he should go and that she has had a nightmare since she became chairman, fans need to be careful what they spout out about Low. Its clear she is held in very high regard by the Weirs and the last thing we need at the moment is them pulling out from the club while we are at  rock bottom. 

Edited by Sting777

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

While I think he should go and that she has had a nightmare since she became chairman, fans need to be careful what they spout out about Low. Its clear she is held in very high regard by the Weirs and the last thing we need at the moment is them pulling out from the club while we are at  rock bottom. 

Eh, naw. She’s proven herself to be an incompetent, ego-driven, disaster. An alleged PR expert who has managed to piss off and alienate vast swathes of the support and speaks in corporate ‘engaging with our stakeholders’-esque bullshit whilst treating the fans like complete mugs. Get her out. 

We have acheived absolutely f**k all in footballing terms since the Weirs arrived anyway. It's lovely to have wee kids from the Academy playing five-a-side on the pitch at half time, I'd rather have sone decent signings and some first team wins, thanks.

Edited by milhouse