The Partick Thistle thread

46 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Maybe Livi have offered us money, who knows? I doubt he'll be a regular starter there either so the game time won't increase but presume him and Caldwell can't work together. 

I doubt we offered money, we rarely do it. Only player we paid for in the summer was Sibbald and that was because it was a steal at £10k

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

We’re set to announce Chris Erskine today. What’s he like?

An enigma. Will spend 70 minutes losing the ball, tripping over it, etc, and then beat 5 players and bang one in from 25 yards.

I do feel he’s probably not as good a fit for your team as Lawless is, but I hope it works out for him. He is definitely good enough to help out Thistle just now but our manager is a scab.

Don’t think Erskine’s good enough for the top division anymore but he’a still good enough for this level. He’s not as good as he once was but he offers a lot more than Miles Storey and he’s a better player than Cardle.

How do you know that ? Cardles different gravy compared to Erskine, Dunfermline were scintillating with Cardle and Higgy on the flanks.

Yep and for those 2 seasons when Cardle and Higginbotham were “scintillating” Erskine was playing a league above and finished top 6.

Erskine is a better player than Cardle.

On 16/10/2018 at 02:19, AMMjag said:

Despite the odd charlatan like Steven Pressley, this league has proven to be a good platform for lots of young and ambitious managers - John Hughes, Jim McIntyre, Derek Adams, Derek McIness and Jack Ross all won it with their first clubs. 

It's too early to say what Caldwell will be like and he might well have a rocky ride until at least January given at least a couple of major, existing structural flaws with the first team, but he'll get time and should offer a fresh perspective on the squad - unlike Archibald who couldn't see the wood for the trees towards the end. 

Having been worried about Jim Duffy being a serious contender for the post and resigning myself to Jim McIntyre as an acceptable appointment, I can get on board with this.

giphy-51.gif

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep and for those 2 seasons when Cardle and Higginbotham were “scintillating” Erskine was playing a league above and finished top 6.

Erskine is a better player than Cardle.

Cardle is quicker and better winger.

Edited by Paul Cicero

Aye 2 seasons ago, many times u saw Cardle play this season ?

None, he fucked off to the conference down south because he was let go by Dunfermline.

Not a surprise the only clubs trying to sign him when he came back were Thistle and Raith.

How many times have you seen him play?

A monumental PR own goal from a supposed PR expert.

I've seen some bad times at Firhill but I can't recall being quite as disillusioned as I am now. Saturday's game against Stranraer will be lucky to get above 1,500 punters - that's when the board might wake up. Folk are giving up and irrespective of whether Erskine's departure makes sense from a budgetary point of view, this will alienate a big section of the support.

Good luck to Squiddy. Livi have already shown that they are capable of getting a bit more out of players that other club managers' think are finished, e.g. Lee Miller. He always linked up well with Lawless and his talents will be more likely to come to the fore in a team that works as hard as Livi. Hope he plays a blinder and gets it right up Caldwell.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

None, he fucked off to the conference down south because he was let go by Dunfermline.

Not a surprise the only clubs trying to sign him when he came back were Thistle and Raith.

How many times have you seen him play?

Many times with Raith and Dunfermline and Airdrie always impressed.

Cant be worse than Erskine this season and last season either.

So you’ve not seen him this season either, therefore you’ve absolutely no basis for incorrectly saying Cardle is better than Erskine.

Glad we could clear that up.