• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

On 05/12/2018 at 14:27, forameus said:

Probably because he was lying to himself, and what he really wanted to say was that he'd love to pump him.

Was shite though.

I imagine we'd just be a different kind of shite.  I think Caldwell has us playing slightly better, but more to the level where we're getting back to the point of "playing-quite-well-but-still-losing" rather than just losing.  It's not going to stop the short-sightedness you usually get though, because if you sack someone who deserves to be sacked, and the next guy isn't much better, then obviously the first guy wasn't quite as bad as he (obviously) was.  Or something.

He did get significantly better. Looked good in the cup game at home v Aberdeen.

No saying he was quality or anything but I he became a low-key bae for me that season. Though if we went down, would view him differently.

Image result for gabriel piccolo

:wub::wub:

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

This is what you get for releasing Danny Devine

If he's back for Saturday we might, just might score...then again...:green

4 hours ago, Reid said:

Would rather Piccolo than Keown.

I'd take him over both Keown or McGinty, but that's not really saying much, I suppose.

Probably take Lee Mair over them both as well. And yes, I know he retired a few years ago.

I like that Piccolo just gave up football after he left us aged about 25 or whatever to become a full time model / personal trainer/ good looking man.  Pogba had chucked it (tbf he did that most games) after his spell at Rotterdam as well but is now in the French third tier. Suppose he's always got his brother to leech off.

Two of our other signings for our assault on the Premiership: Simon Colina Dominguez, now without a club after spells in Cyprus and Poland, and Henoc Mukendi, now in the 10th tier of English football with Shelley ( a club seemingly and not a person).

It should be reassuring to at least think that Gary Caldwell’s player recruitment can’t be any worse than Archibald’s, who must have picked players off Instagram. 

Do a “decent Archibald signings” quiz, and you’ll get Lyle Taylor on a short term loan and a season of Kallum Higginbotham, and that’s it.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

It should be reassuring to at least think that Gary Caldwell’s player recruitment can’t be any worse than Archibald’s, who must have picked players off Instagram. 

Do a “decent Archibald signings” quiz, and you’ll get Lyle Taylor on a short term loan and a season of Kallum Higginbotham, and that’s it.

Callum Booth, Freddie Frans, Tomasz Cerny, and a half-season of Isaac Osbourne.

Apart from that, you're tootin'.

Edited by Barney Rubble

52 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Callum Booth, Freddie Frans, Tomasz Cerny, and a half-season of Isaac Osbourne.

Apart from that, you're tootin'.

My memory of Osbourne was from his return when he was with...I want to say St Mirren?  He went into a 50/50 with the Osman, who essentially replaced him, with all the force of two buildings hitting each other.  He came off worst and went off injured.

To be fair to Archibald, his signings weren't uniformly terrible, but his choice of forwards was consistently dreadful.  He could've signed players he sold for 10 million a piece, but it still wouldn't change that he signed Ade Azeez and Matthias Fucking Pogba.

Ade Azeez...

imgur_reaction.gif.116e087a10400ebb89728947e6542d82.gif

Bring him home!

Check out @tellhimhespele’s Tweet:

The only thing I like about that final was possibly the worst ever piece of BBC Scottish football reporting. According to the national news, not only were we both Falkirk and Thistle, but we won!  Even the dinmwit reading out the rubbish prepared for him realises it doesn't make any sense.

Peak Thistle on Facebook!

Spoiler

HOW ABOUT DOING SOMETHING RADICAL :-  You may think I'm nuts , but  see what you think . Our team is at the bottom of the league , our team are lacking confidence , some people want the team replaced , some want the manager replaced ( which I have sympathy for ) , some want the board changed , some want the manager to get a transfer window and more time. As supporters there is almost nothing we can do except wait , not attend games  or try to cheer a bit more from the stands which can be hard to do in these circumstances .We'd like to give some of the team a kick in the backside , but can't  so what else is there we could do . I reckon the team  confidence has all but gone , Doolan our great hope for scoring goals has lost his touch  and I reckon our new manager Caldwell may well be very low in confidence too whether we like him or not . If we continue as we are we will fall further adrift , It is unlikely the board will axe Caldwell and we are not going to get a new team in the transfer window  so we are stuck with the manager and most of the team . Now here is the radical suggestion , what if we actively went out of our way to encourage the team and manager  as individuals . How are we going to do that is the next question. If we sent  each of our squad and manager/ coaching staff and encouraging letter or Christmas card  with encouraging personal content  eg to Doolan " It's been a difficult year and a really difficult start to the season , but we know what you're capable of  and we/ I just want to let you know that we're supporting you and I hope you can get back to your old ways soon and get a few goals under your belt , I wish you and your family a Happy Christmas  signed whoever . What do you think . Somebody could make a list of the squad  etc, on FB  where you could select the players etc you wanted to send a card to . Imagine you were one of our players at the moment or the manager , would it not encourage you if you got 20 , 30 or 50 cards all with personal encouragement , would you not feel better for it . Perhaps it could transform the team and management , it could even generate a lot of media interest if it was successful . What do you think ? If you were sending more than one card they could all be sent  together . I would be happy to supply some boxes of Christmas cards . As a support we are not the same as other  teams supporters , this would highlight that difference. If you just think I'm nuts then that's fine,, but mon the Jags :)

I think this is a serious suggestion?

“As a support we are not the same as other teams supporters, this would highlight that difference.”

That, sadly, sums up the attitude of so many Thistle fans. A bunch of wet wipes completely satisfied with everything at the club, regardless of how utterly shite it may be. An absolute disgrace.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

“As a support we are not the same as other teams supporters, this would highlight that difference.”

That, sadly, sums up the attitude of so many Thistle fans. A bunch of wet wipes completely satisfied with everything at the club, regardless of how utterly shite it may be. An absolute disgrace.

In fairness, he's right.  I'm not sure many other supports would bulk buy 200 Christmas cards with "get better at football soon" messages for their players.

Also, my word Facebook fans are the worst.  Craig Gordon and Ikechi Anya signing in January, according to ours.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I could not agree more, this post sums up what a lot of us feel. We are not different, special or any other namby pamby description. We are not happy to accept this ongoing pish and put it down to "it's the Thistle Way" or some other dross. Many of us are raging at what we need to defend every Monday morning as an excuse for our team and I for one willnever back up another dire performance with a laugh about us being Partick Thistle Nil.

18 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

What ever happened to Viteslav Mooc?

Just the mention of that name gives me a bit of the old

davejavu_140x140.png