The Partick Thistle thread

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

Before this becomes two and a half pages of this puddle-drinking weirdo getting bites, can we just resolve to completely ignore his posts? 

Thanks.

I know Sting's patter like "Paul Clitero and Nobbie Bobson" is awful but no need for us to agree to ignore him. 

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I must have imagined Sean McGinty's goat shelling the ball forward at every opportunity?

Check out @SundayMailSport’s Tweet:

Just think the boost this will give every other club, from the manager, board, players and support when they realise what a disaster of a club we are. For him to say he wouldn't change his system to win a game should get him sacked for sabotage.

This could only happen to us. And it's not a joke, it's way worse than that.

Just as well we're trusting him to rejig the squad in January,  can't wait to see what libero centre halves he brings in for us to pass our way to successive relegations.

Could be quite a few outs, Melbourne has already gone, Quitongo surely gone as well, Bannigan doesn't seem in any hurry to sign his contract (wonder if Ayr and a linkup with McCall again is possible). Scobbie and Jeffries loans expiring and they certainly don't fit the bill of being able to pass out from the back.  Storer certainly should be released, Ntambwe has fallen behind both Spittal and McCarthy in midfield, and Mutombo seems to have pissed him off last week too.

Edited by Fuctifano

52 minutes ago, fuctifacare said:

Just think the boost this will give every other club, from the manager, board, players and support when they realise what a disaster of a club we are. For him to say he wouldn't change his system to win a game should get him sacked for sabotage.

This could only happen to us. And it's not a joke, it's way worse than that.

Well I suppose at least he has a playing style. Alan Archibald had demonstrably no playing style for 18 months. I would be interested If anyone could highlight any of Alan Archibald’s strengths actually, other than occasionally beating Hamilton Accies at Firhill.

I'm not really a big fan of bringing religion into football, but is there any chance of us becoming big Mormons?  Might mean we can send Storey out on some missionary work to some hellhole to get him the f**k away from the team.

14 hours ago, milhouse said:

Well I suppose at least he has a playing style. Alan Archibald had demonstrably no playing style for 18 months. I would be interested If anyone could highlight any of Alan Archibald’s strengths actually, other than occasionally beating Hamilton Accies at Firhill.

Got to be honest, if Caldwell is sticking to "his"  playing style, then I'm not really seeing much difference between him and Archibald.  

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Just as well we're trusting him to rejig the squad in January,  can't wait to see what libero centre halves he brings in for us to pass our way to successive relegations.

Could be quite a few outs, Melbourne has already gone, Quitongo surely gone as well, Bannigan doesn't seem in any hurry to sign his contract (wonder if Ayr and a linkup with McCall again is possible). Scobbie and Jeffries loans expiring and they certainly don't fit the bill of being able to pass out from the back.  Storer certainly should be released, Ntambwe has fallen behind both Spittal and McCarthy in midfield, and Mutombo seems to have pissed him off last week too.

I heard the Bannigan to Ayr rumour yesterday. I think I would actually piss myself laughing if it happened.

Nursing a player through injury for the best part of two years only for him to mug us off for a club like Ayr Utd would be about as ‘Thistle’ as it gets.

30 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I heard the Bannigan to Ayr rumour yesterday. I think I would actually piss myself laughing if it happened.

Nursing a player through injury for the best part of two years only for him to mug us off for a club like Ayr Utd would be about as ‘Thistle’ as it gets.

To be fair though, one of those sides looks like they stand a decent chance of a shot at the Premiership next season, and it isn't us.

On 12/16/2018 at 09:53, jagfox99 said:

I must have imagined Sean McGinty's goat shelling the ball forward at every opportunity?

Check out @SundayMailSport’s Tweet:

Ffs he must have read the same tweet the St Johnstone fans go on about.

17 hours ago, cilitbang said:

How long is Caldwells contract?

The club will be lucky to hit triple digits of season ticket sales next season at this rate..

I was considering reinstating mine (with a half-season ticket), but the way things haven't changed has made me reconsider: the board needs to take a long, hard look at how it's squandering funds.

Thought we would be interested. Still very popular amongst many Ayr fans from his loan spell and McCall rates him very highly.

Is it January his contract is up?

I’d be surprised if Ayr along with most teams in the league and some in the league above weren’t interested. I would’ve thought Bannigan would stay until the end of the season at least but considering how shite we are he may bolt now.