The Partick Thistle thread

this is now a shitshow, chairman, chief exec and manager are just churning  out lines from the half day training course they all went on. like when the Tories say they're reducing poverty and increasing employment and you're sitting there knowing what's actually happening  like,  eh shit mate f**k up.

It was Dunfermline, but we were the last to do it without the aid of a points deduction. We're wanting our title back just to make sure.

Trying to polish a turd here, but, were we the last team to go 3rd tier to 1st in 2 seasons?

Even Rangers* didn’t manage it.

44 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Never mind, I'm sure your Lottery winning suppporters will buy you out of trouble in January.

You just keep winning f**k all you Tory, bordering sheep loser   

23 hours ago, fuctifacare said:

After seeing what Ayr and Shankland in particular, dished out to the Arabs, can I make Ayr my big team. Since I dont have one yet and that includes english and european leagues I reckon I could get away with this one no problem.

Got a bit ahead of myself there.

Think it should have read... Can I make Arbroath my big team?

I don't think I've looked forward to going to Firhill as much in a long time as I am for Tuesday's meet the manager night. It has the potential to be absolute gold between the current mood of the support and Caldwell's love of talking absolute shite.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

There is a reason you never see top teams go on SAS training courses. Mainly because it serves no footballing benefit whatsoever. In terms of the exercise as a team bonding exercise I can’t really see the point of it either. If Caldwell gets January he will rip the team up.

33 minutes ago, BdenJag said:

There is a reason you never see top teams go on SAS training courses. Mainly because it serves no footballing benefit whatsoever. In terms of the exercise as a team bonding exercise I can’t really see the point of it either. If Caldwell gets January he will rip the team up.

They were doing a basic EE (escape and evasion) its not really team building and its everyman for themselves in order not to get caught.

When's Coulibaly back?  Massively clutching at straws I know, but we urgently need to find someone capable of regularly kicking the ball into the opponents' net.  I think yesterday was our 4th 1-0 loss in the last eight matches, during which time we have scored three goals. 

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I don't think I've looked forward to going to Firhill as much in a long time as I am for Tuesday's meet the manager night. It has the potential to be absolute gold between the current mood of the support and Caldwell's love of talking absolute shite.

Everytime Caldwell says outstanding, take a drink

It’s probably going to be another relegation before we see any halt to the decline. There would hopefully be a subsequent top to bottom clear out starting with Jacqui Low.

The support is fed up. All optimism has been drained. It will take a long time for any goodwill to develop towards the club again.

Despite having been reasonably positive about the Caldwell appointment, he currently looks like an incompetent fraud (see also, Alan Archibald) and if we are bottom in February I hope the fans chase him from the club. We’ll be the death of his fledgling career in football management.

Thistle are a class club. First season watching us was the season we finished second to you. Loved the colours, one of my first memories was that kit and the away fans, Bells sponsor boards. Hope to see you turn things around soon, Grandad from anniesland gran from Maryhill.. both went to Thistle games, my wee granny always used to go on about them. [emoji23]

Problem for me is, after listening to Caldwells interview with Si Ferry... I genuinely believe Caldwell thinks he's a lot better and smarter than he is. Really didn't take to him in that interview and I don't think the players will take to him too much either.

I never go to these things, but I’m making a point to go to the Jags Trust meeting/Caldwell interview for absolute entertainment value.

The questions will range somewhere between “why are you so shite?” to “why aren’t you Archie?”