The Partick Thistle thread

Caldwell has kept to a pretty regular starting XI with Ntwambe flitting in and out. I don't expect any of those to be moved on.

Will he use the likes of McCarthy as trade bait?

The club needs some experienced heads on the pitch, I just hope Caldwell has one or two aces up his sleeve for January.

Our current squad has Bell, Erskine and Doolan as the old heads. None are really 'captain material' and playing wise they are all on the wain it seems.

I don't know if we will go full St Mirren/ Ross County and have double digit outgoings and incoming. I doubt we'd even be capable of that level of turnover. I can see us going for 4 or 5 players coming in and cancelling the loans.

The manager also has to decide if we offer Bannigan and Quitongo extended deals.

Will we move for Shankland again? I can't see any benefit to him of moving as his stock will be high on the free agency market.

Man, this is getting grim...

I have a decent bit of faith in Caldwell and reckon he'll bring in decent players due to his contacts. Archie and co would just look at a selection of youtube videos. I can't see it being so amateur and catastrophic this time around.

On 21/11/2018 at 13:28, Fuctifano said:

Max Melbourne away. OK, he was shite but it seems strange to do it now leaving us with only Penrice as left back. 

I didn't think he was that bad at County last season, but Naismith aside our defence was shite so maybe others being worse protected him.

Pretty sure melbourne only played at left back once and penrice was moved into midfield. I think we won that game and melbourne played well and penrice also played better in midfield. He's probably the only loan player we have I would have kept, we now have no cover for left back until January which seems a bit fucking stupid to be honest.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Apparently the squad was away on a team building event with the Paras over the weekend...hopefully it helps us beat the drop...:green

I don't think the relegation payment was meant to actually buy parachutes. Looking forward to them hitting the ground and rolling over looking for fouls at Palmerston. 

There are a few folk in there (not the actual squaddies obvs) I don't recognise, the 2 women for example. The on loan Dundee guy might be one of the unknowns and Lennox as well. 

BRB, laughing uncontrollably at this 

Screenshot_2018-11-26-12-56-50-704.jpeg

Edited by Fuctifano