The Partick Thistle thread

Last night highlighted the lack of depth in the squad. We were fairly comfortable for most of the game against an "industrious" Albion Rovers side.

The squad has to have some additions soon as we seem to be playing a number of players out of their natural positions. Storers injury is a bit of a worry.

3 games played - 3 games won, 6 goals scored, 1 goal conceded.
Aye, I’m absolutely terrified. What a disastrous start to the season.

Far be it for me to pish on your chips but that is similar to Falkirk's form this time last year.
Then the real games started...

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Far be it for me to pish on your chips but that is similar to Falkirk's form this time last year.
Then the real games started...

Nobody cares, m8.

25 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Does Lawless have a bad attitude? Lazy? Don't know a great deal about him TBH.

Surprised he's not signed anywhere yet though considering he tends to get a good write up from Thistle fans.

He's a bit too staunch on twitter but other than that his attitude has seemed fine. 

He loved a one year deal to keep his options open for a large part of his time here before eventually signing on again without so much as a link to join another Premiership club so it's possible that it's just the few managers at the bottom end of the Premiership don't fancy him and he's biding his time to try and avoid dropping down a division. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He probably voted 'no' and 'leave'.

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Surprised he's not signed anywhere yet though considering he tends to get a good write up from Thistle fans.

Wouldn't say he was lazy or had a bad attitude at all. Personally I think he's lost the turn of pace he had when he first joined us and it's affected his game.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wouldn't say his attitude on the pitch is bad, tbh - he got shunted in at LWB for several games last season which is an unnatural position for him and, despite being understandably a bit ropey there for at least one or two of them, he certainly looked like he was giving maximum effort.

Lawless definitely worked hard, and I don’t think he ever put in a lazy performance. He was always completely anonymous against the **** - whether that was just because they were better than us or if maybe he wasn’t giving it 100% I suppose we’ll never know.

I’m not arsed about bringing him back either, though. He had started to regress, and we needed as big an overhaul from last season as possible. Lawless being a part of that makes complete sense.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

Id rather pay a regressed lawless a wage rather than a non-existant Bannigan

I would as well.

I completely disagree with this charity policy we seem to have had under Archie. In Bannigan, Fraser, Welsh, Dumbuya, and probably others I can’t think of off the top of my head, we’ve paid a fortune to crocked players sitting in the stands. We’ve been wasting a decent portion of our budget on this shit for years now.

Doesn't change my feelings towards Lawless, though. He’s gone and that was the right move for both parties.

Edited by Nightmare