The Partick Thistle thread

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Remember "play by mail" in the 90s?

That's how we conduct our transfers.

I think that's how we got Albert Craig and Alan Lawrence...

36 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I think that's how we got Albert Craig and Alan Lawrence...

How did the letter even get delivered if Craigy was involved? 

Edit. And Nipper too.. My my. 

Edited by DeeBairn

39 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Former ICT striker Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo training with us according to the Daily Retard.

On the one hand, he's apparently scored a grand total of 8 goals in an 11 year career.

On the other hand, he's only 28, which is the same age Neil Alexander was when he was 28.

47 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

On the one hand, he's apparently scored a grand total of 8 goals in an 11 year career.

On the other hand, he's only 28, which is the same age Neil Alexander was when he was 28.

He's not a striker though I assume Archie is aware of this fact?

Mutumbo scores a couple of great goals for us (v Stirling and Hibs in the cup) but he was overall an appalling player. He often looked like he had absolutely no idea what he was doing now and once got sent off for booting an opponent up in the air - Nick Ross as well, the least offensive player in football history.

In Football Manager terms, Mutombo is one of those players with a 15 for work rate and a 5 for team work.  He's fast and works hard but never lifts his head and would always shoot, even if he was miles out - similar to Dougie Imrie a few years ago.  A couple of games a season he'll look a real player and the rest of the time look like he's never seen a football before.  Also, don't let him hire a sports car.

Brian Graham linked with a move to Falkirk on their thread. I'd be surprised if we haven't enquired about his availability, too, with Archie having tried to sign him last season.