The Partick Thistle thread

On 2/22/2019 at 23:49, Ad Lib said:

The premise of the blog was to work my way round every team in London and eventually settle on one. I came up with the idea when I moved down here and realised I wouldn’t be getting back up much. So far Fulham (last season) and Leyton Orient (this) have made the best pitches.

Next up if I can be organised enough on the right weekends are probably Brentford and Crystal Palace.

When I lived just west of London I "settled" in Brentford, love the stadium, good attractive football and a pub on each corner. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

On a flight to Manchester and Gary Caldwell has just got on. Pass on any messages?

Ask him if he's got his return boarding pass with him, then torch it if he does.

Or ask him if he can take Miles Storey with him.

Keep up the good work.

Ask him if he's got his return boarding pass with him, then torch it if he does.

Or ask him if he can take Miles Storey with him.

Too late getting these messages.

I can however confirm that he bought a bottle of Evian water from the Spar shop in Manchester airport so he must be flush.

#ITK

33 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Too late getting these messages.

I can however confirm that he bought a bottle of Evian water from the Spar shop in Manchester airport so he must be flush.

#ITK

Weirs paid for that.  Arsehole.

Surprise, surprise The Daily Record headline doesn't accurately reflect the substance of the article. 

In the article Al Ahly's legal consultant says that upon losing his appeal Coulibaly has to "pay the fine in person or get the club, Partick Thistle, to pay it for him". There isn't any suggestion that a £1million bill is heading our way. 

The reality is that the dispute is between Coulibaly and Al Ahly. Al Ahly didn't release his registration when we signed him. We appealed to FIFA and Coulibaly was given a temporary registration enabling him to play for us. It is possible that that temporary registration could now be revoked now that Coulibaly has lost his appeal against the fine imposed on him. After 4 sub appearances that wouldn't be any great loss to us although I still think the signing itself was well worth a punt at the time. 

nothing as far as i can see on the OS or twitter pages. Although at this early stage tbf it would probably amount to "we are aware of the news around Coulibaly, but we are unable to comment at this time and will keep people informed about developments as they unfold".

Jai Quitongo, Mubtumbo, Storer and Souleymane Coulibaly have been sheer #bantz signings for various reasons (Quitongo doing a good Adam Strachan impression off the pitch and getting punted as a result, Mubtumbo getting subbed before half-time being the only thing I can remember about him, Storer getting a few red cards in reserve games and breaking down in tears at the SAS thing, and Coulibaly having a protracted dispute with an ex club that we may or may not get dragged into as his current employers)

Storey and McGinty have had their moments too, the latter pretty much being a 2018/19 Willie Kinniburgh and summed up best with that slip in the 5-1 against Morton and giving away a few penalties over the season, please see current profile .gif with regards to Miles.

yeah, we're approaching banter years territory here.