The Partick Thistle thread

That's a cracking read. I think out support are guilty at taking Archie for granted. When you take a step back and look at everything he's achieved, on such limited resources in such a short space of time, it really is remarkable.

It's absolutely laughable how the press in this country arse lick the likes of Hartley and McNamara just because of their old firm background, completely ignoring the likes of Archie and Tommy Wright who continue to improve their respective squads despite annual cuts to their budgets.

It's also refreshing to see a Thistle manager refusing to accept mediocrity and looking for new, innovative ways to improve our quality and professionalism right across the club.

It's a far cry from the days of Campbell, McVey, McLeod etc

It's absolutely laughable how the press in this country arse lick the likes of Hartley and McNamara just because of their old firm background, completely ignoring the likes of Archie and Tommy Wright who continue to improve their respective squads despite annual cuts to their budgets.

Except the main difference between Hartley and McNamara is that Hartley has actually achieved something in his short career.

McNamara has successfully worsened Utd every season since he took over and compensates by shoe horning sellick references everywhere in the media to buy him column inches and positive reporting.

Hartley has improved every season as a manager including a part time job and led an unfancied, newly promoted side to top 6 first season up. He really doesn't bang on about Celtic that much at all - believe me, having had John Brown as a gaffer we are particularly sensitive to that sort of pish.

Btw, nothing against Hartley at all and it's not his fault that the press suck his cock. He's an infinitely better manager than McNamara and as you say, he's actually achieved things in football.

What is out allocation for Tynecastle?

Can you buy them online? I can't but don't know if my tickets login is just fucked (I now have 2 different TAG numbers too).

edit: guessing they aren't as I can buy for today's game and the Falkirk game.

Think Hearts have cut the away allocation to about 750 or something.

Edited by Fuctifano

I panicked and just got mine via ptfctickets.co.uk for the lower section. £18 +£2 postage. £24 for upper section. On sale at the JHS portakabin today as well as the offices.

Buzzing for Tynie trip already 8)

Keep forgetting that Doolan is above criticism.

How would your figures for last season look if he hadn't scored four against a demoralised Hamilton team?. I'd also add that if we're going to make a big thing about his scoring average some mention should be made that only two of those seasons were in the top league.

My entire point is that he doesn't have the physique or speed for the premiership to play lone striker.

Fap.