The Partick Thistle thread

All we need is some close season speculation about which club's in for Archie and we'll get a set of steak knives.

^this.

Osman plays, Thistle play.

It's no coincidence that our worst run of the season was also when Abdul had his poorest spell.

Stick on for our player of the year in my opinion. Lawless not far behind.

He was getting some amount of abuse from the people that sit behind me during that spell, saying how terrible a player he was. I'd say he's a stick on for PoY too, he is such an important player for us.

To be fair though, I shouldn't be surprised that they added that to their full-of-pish repertoire. Their classic was stating "See, (Doolan) he's just a nearly man". The best time to say that probably wouldn't have been as he slotted in his 4th of the game.

It's frightening the amount of morons you hear at our games, particularly in the North Stand. They have no appreciation for how good Osman is as you say, but even Erskine was getting a lot or abuse when he was single handedly dragging us through games on our run to the title.

The Doolan bashers infuriate me. They clearly have little understanding of the qualities required to be a good striker at this level and they seem oblivious to his excellent goal scoring, all round link up play, phenomenal first touch and work rate. He's one seriously underrated player.

Got to admit I'm one if those who don't really have much faith in Doolan playing the role that the manager wants of his striker in his preferred formation of one up front. Archibald seems to agree given the number of times he starts from the bench and is obviously behind Taylor in team selection.

By no means a poor players and a hugely valuable member of the squad but sorry, not my first pick. I think it's unfortunate for him that we have Stevenston in the position that I think he'd be ideally suited for.

Joe Chalmers is a left-back and out of contract. He reportedly did well on loan at Falkirk last season but got injured and has taken a long time to recover. If the manager is looking for a left-back, he could be an option if Celtic don't offer him a new deal.

Stay well clear.

Doolan's scored at least 10 goals in the last 5 consecutive seasons. He was shunted to the bench when Craig came in in our promotion season, and when Taylor's came in the past two. He's an absolute hero.

Much as I like Doolan, Taylor is simply a better player than he is. Kris is a great professional though, seems to be happy playing whatever role he's asked in order to help the team, and is underrated by some sections of the fan base. His first touch is absolutely glorious, but in general I think Taylor's physicality and directness make him a bigger threat at this level.

Both are different kind of players. Taylor is pacey and powerful whereas Dools has a great first touch and superior finishing. The way Taylor held the ball up and laid it off to Lawless to score in our last game against ICT is something Doolan wouldn't have been able to do.

But at least 10 goals in 5 consecutive seasons is a great achievement, especially for a guy we got from the juniors. I reckon he'll finish his career with us.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

If we can keep Taylor, we'll have a great balance of styles for the single striker role.

One is direct and bullies defenders, the other has a great first touch and link-up play.

Both can score goals (possibly Taylor will get more over a full season).

Play one of them for the first hour, and bring the other on to stretch tiring defenders, who'll hate having to mentally switch at that point.

Stay well clear.

Seen Chalmers in the development league against us last week and he's not improved at all since he was with us last season.

Thanks for the warnings. Like others here, I hope that Booth wants to stay at Firhill.

Edited by Bishop Briggs