The Partick Thistle thread

Thought you guys would be interested to know that Ryan Scully had a clean sweep of all our senior player awards tonight.

He's been the only player of a miserable season who has deserved any plaudits. Some of the saves he's made have been incredible and as bad as we have been this year, we would be a lot worse off without him.

As much as i wish you loaned him back out to us, he's far too good to be loaned out to a League One club again. He should be playing at a higher level next season. It would be nice to see him becoming Partick's first choice keeper as i reckon he's more than capable, yet we'll see how that plays out.

Thought you guys would be interested to know that Ryan Scully had a clean sweep of all our senior player awards tonight.

He's been the only player of a miserable season who has deserved any plaudits. Some of the saves he's made have been incredible and as bad as we have been this year, we would be a lot worse off without him.

As much as i wish you loaned him back out to us, he's far too good to be loaned out to a League One club again. He should be playing at a higher level next season. It would be nice to see him becoming Partick's first choice keeper as i reckon he's more than capable, yet we'll see how that plays out.

thanks for letting us know mate pretty good need about Ryan

Joe Chalmers is a left-back and out of contract. He reportedly did well on loan at Falkirk last season but got injured and has taken a long time to recover. If the manager is looking for a left-back, he could be an option if Celtic don't offer him a new deal.

Are you the same guy that goes on about him on WAT? He's an average at best Championship player according to my Falkirk pal.

Keep Booth, Taylor, SOD (give him 50k a week plz), Lawless, Balatoni, Craigen, Elliott, Lindsay and Fox. Maybe keep Wilson, Duggan and Welsh. Ditch Keenan and BRE. Not arsed about Higgy but I think he's away, I reckon the Hearts rumour is true. Wouldn't be surprised if Seaborne leaves and wouldn't be that bothered as Conrad and Freddie are solid together. Send Scully and Wilson out on loan to the Championship. Sign Jamie MacDonald and have Fox as number 2.

Hope we get a pre-season trip abroad. Belgium and Netherlands would be fun.

Are you the same guy that goes on about him on WAT? He's an average at best Championship player according to my Falkirk pal.

Keep Booth, Taylor, SOD (give him 50k a week plz), Lawless, Balatoni, Craigen, Elliott, Lindsay and Fox. Maybe keep Wilson, Duggan and Welsh. Ditch Keenan and BRE. Not arsed about Higgy but I think he's away, I reckon the Hearts rumour is true. Wouldn't be surprised if Seaborne leaves and wouldn't be that bothered as Conrad and Freddie are solid together. Send Scully and Wilson out on loan to the Championship. Sign Jamie MacDonald and have Fox as number 2.

Hope we get a pre-season trip abroad. Belgium and Netherlands would be fun.

I agree but Booth and Taylor may get other offers. Wouldn't be surprised if Osman leaves too. Welsh has been very unlucky but, with money being tight, would have to prove his fitness to stay.

Scully's been suspect for conceded goals in any of the (albeit few) highlights I've seen of Dunfermline this season. I remember they game they played against Morton on Alba and his starting position for one of the goals he conceded was way off, and yet he was roundly praised after the match due to saving them a few other times their laughable defence exposed him. But they have a poor goals against record and there's no reason why a goalkeeper shouldn't be considered culpable as part of the defence. I wonder how many other matches have been like that Morton one as far as praise for Scully goes.

Someone said it on here somewhere before, but GK is a position where lots of players can flatter to deceive, and more marginal things like positioning, one-on-ones, command of area, etc become more emphasised in the top flight or even the Championship where the attacking play is more clever and ruthless and attacking at set-pieces/crosses more physical. We found this out with Scott Fox when we needed Gallacher to bail us out during 2013/14. He's probably worth another season out on loan in the Championship to see exactly where he's at seeing as he's contracted, but I don't see who would take him in that league other than possibly the winner of the relegation play off.

I can't see him ever being a regular for us as long as we're building in this league, we're far more likely to take someone more established on a free transfer.

Can only really echo what others have said. Need to get deals for Lawless, Osman and Balatoni sorted out ASAP and hopefully Taylor and Booth can come in permanently. Booth mainly because of the LB farce we had this season, unless there's a better option out there. I'd keep Fox on the basis that he's reasonable enough, but if we can get a better GK I'd ditch him. Gallacher as a player/coach, Scully on loan to a Championship club. I'd sign up Craigen and Elliott too. Not too bothered about the rest of them but it would be nice to re-sign some of the younger guys.

George Moncur has just single handedly kept Colchester in League One.

shame we never really gave him too much of a chance, seemed decent on last game of season and I would've had him back if possible but would wage demand would be far too high for us :P

Heard from a semi legit source that a Thistle fullback is being sold to a team down south. Unsure why anyone would buy O'Donnell considering he's out of contract but think someone else mentioned here he is planning a venture across the border. Probably Chinese whispers getting the fine details of his move mixed up.

Its looking like we might release Gary Miller if some rumours are to be believed. For some reason I always have it in my mind he'll end up at you lot.

Might as well throw in that I heard yesterday from someone who knows SOD's dad that he (SOD, not his dad) has already agreed a move to an English team, no club named but "a massive move" apparently. Mind you, ATS to Wigan was probably a massive move for him and look how that one has worked out...

Talking of right backs- I assume there's no news of the length of McMillan's ban or his appeal against the drugs test? Provided he's not banned I can see us playing against him next year.

As for the current lot, I'd release Fox, Keenan and Welsh, probably BRE too but that might depend on what happens with Seaborne. O'Donnell and Higginbotham will go, maybe Lawless too but I think we'll keep everyone else. Hard to see where Wilson and Duggan fit in though.

He signed a 2 year deal last summer.

Depending on who stays and who goes I'd think he might go out on loan to a Championship club. It was strange he went to Airdrie after having done well enough with Alloa the season before unless the club just couldn't find anyone at that level who were willing to play him.

He signed a 2 year deal last summer.

Depending on who stays and who goes I'd think he might go out on loan to a Championship club. It was strange he went to Airdrie after having done well enough with Alloa the season before unless the club just couldn't find anyone at that level who were willing to play him.

Wouldn't mind him coming to us as long as he has a experienced head next to him. Saw him for Airdrie against us, and he really did look classy, strong, aggressive, good in the air and can play a bit.

Wouldn't mind him coming to us as long as he has a experienced head next to him. Saw him for Airdrie against us, and he really did look classy, strong, aggressive, good in the air and can play a bit.

Could actually see that happening, as, having seen Morton on a couple of occasions, it's obvious that the defence is the weakest aspect of your team, and Lindsay has already proven he can cut it at championship level with Alloa. A six month loan could be a good deal all round and then he can come back and challenge for a first team spot with us, as Lindsay would, IMO, walk into your current team.

Could actually see that happening, as, having seen Morton on a couple of occasions, it's obvious that the defence is the weakest aspect of your team, and Lindsay has already proven he can cut it at championship level with Alloa. A six month loan could be a good deal all round and then he can come back and challenge for a first team spot with us, as Lindsay would, IMO, walk into your current team.

Stevie Wonder could walk into our defence and improve it! If we didn't have a top drawer goalie and striker we wouldn't have won the league, simple. A strong defence is obviously a must next season, and I wouldn't mind your lad being a part of it. :)

Hadn't realized Higgy has the 2nd most assists in the team, behind Lawless. If we were to sign him up then a one year deal might keep him motivated. Lawless had an interview a while back and explained that that's why he prefers just the one year deals