The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If we stay up I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least ask if he's available to come back since he's never displacing Joe Lewis.

It is a waste of a very good goalkeeper considering, at around 33, he should be in his prime. Barring injury he has no chance of getting a regular game but pretty sure his wages up there will more than make up for that

Edited by Sting777

26 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I feel a big bit better than I did on Friday but we could still mess it all up

Nonsense, Saturday should be your easiest 3 points of the season.

8 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I feel a big bit better than I did on Friday but we could still mess it all up

We wont. Think we will win comfortably on Saturday and in Dumfries next week and unbelievably, probably end up 5th. No matter what anyone thinks, Caldwell had the balls to rip the team to shreds in January, got rid of every bit of dross Archie brought in and start again. It could have backfired massively given the trouble we were in, but it hasnt. The signings of Ando, Cardo and especially, Skippy has turned our season round, plus most of his other signings, Saunders, McMillan, Hazard and Harkins have all contributed. Mansell has been  average. The only dud appears to be Ally Roy. He now deserves the chance to have a close season and fully shape his squad.  Long way to go but the last few months, though nerve shredding, have been very encouraging!

It would take an absolutely monumental f**k-up from here to go down automatically.  A playoff is still possible, but we don't look like the same team of absolute shitebags from last season.  No reason why we can't get another 3 from Ayr, and should Queens lose to Ross County (although with this league, who knows) then a win on Saturday should see us completely safe (neither Falkirk nor Queens could catch us.

It would take an absolutely monumental f**k-up from here to go down automatically.  A playoff is still possible, but we don't look like the same team of absolute shitebags from last season.  No reason why we can't get another 3 from Ayr, and should Queens lose to Ross County (although with this league, who knows) then a win on Saturday should see us completely safe (neither Falkirk nor Queens could catch us.
A Queens draw on Friday also means we are safe with a with a win on Saturday. [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Hi guys. How is our Scottish Cup goal scoring hero, Ando getting on?

Battering down the managers door demanding a two year deal.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

Hi guys. How is our Scottish Cup goal scoring hero, Ando getting on?

Started off like a man possessed where he didn't lose a header for about a month and was blocking everything that got near him. Popped up with a few important goals as well. Since then, he's been hot and cold - has good games (like last night, where Ayr were intent on just launching the ball up into the wind), but also has made a few mistakes. He's awful with the ball at his feet as well, but I'm assuming you know that already.

I like Ando, and would take him again next season if he's available. You need a tough, experienced defender at this level, and he's definitely that. I also think Sean McGinty has improved from playing next to him.

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I like Ando, and would take him again next season if he's available. You need a tough, experienced defender at this level, and he's definitely that. I also think Sean McGinty has improved from playing next to him.

This. If he couldnt get into the Saints team this season I cant see him getting in next season. If we can get him, we then have our central defence sorted for next season with O’Ware, McGinty and Saunders as well, all under contract. McGinty has been a revelation since he came back in and I agree that Ando has probably been a big help but I would imagine the manager has been giving him plenty of advice as well. It was great to see him going bonkers at the end of the Ayr game and going round applauding all the fans!

23 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

This. If he couldnt get into the Saints team this season I cant see him getting in next season. 

Tbf we're losing a first choice CB, and the other one has been heavily scouted by QPR.