The Partick Thistle thread

10 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye he should have definitely done something to prevent Alloa from beating Morton tonight :huh:.

I feel I'm being whooshed.

He should have been something more closely resembling as good a football manager as he said he would be and as formed the basis for his appointment.

Which would have meant we couldn’t have given two flying fucks by this stage in the season whether Alloa beat Morton.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:
3 hours ago, Sting777 said:

I just saw this, wonder if this has anything to do with the lack of information about the training ground and a new director being brought in

They’ve been separated for a while, and he’s still made various investments/payments since then. Don’t know how much she was ever really involved in the first place, tbh.

The training ground is probably more due to us trying to build it on a swamp where it’s not actually possible to build stuff, than anything financial/to do with the Weirs.

Apparently Britton was saying at the Jags Trust meeting prior to the game on Saturday that there's problems with the council wanting Thistle to foot the bill for a lot of changes to the surrounding area in order to get planning permission such as widening the road and putting in traffic lights near the entrance to the ground. 

Hopefully the club/Weirs had some sort of get out clause when buying the land as otherwise it seems like it'll end up costing a fortune to go ahead with the current plans.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Apparently Britton was saying at the Jags Trust meeting prior to the game on Saturday that there's problems with the council wanting Thistle to foot the bill for a lot of changes to the surrounding area in order to get planning permission such as widening the road and putting in traffic lights near the entrance to the ground. 

Hopefully the club/Weirs had some sort of get out clause when buying the land as otherwise it seems like it'll end up costing a fortune to go ahead with the current plans.

It's going to take an additional 2/3 years as the main road where the turn off would be is a national speed limit or something #fast so the council would need to change the limit on that road or something. What I find quite baffling is that it's taken this long since the location has been established, for something which seems pretty basic to be brought to the attention of those involved.

I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means but by the sounds of it, if I was someone investing in that, I certainly would be patching it. Even if it's just to find another location.

29 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

It's going to take an additional 2/3 years as the main road where the turn off would be is a national speed limit or something #fast so the council would need to change the limit on that road or something. What I find quite baffling is that it's taken this long since the location has been established, for something which seems pretty basic to be brought to the attention of those involved.

I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means but by the sounds of it, if I was someone investing in that, I certainly would be patching it. Even if it's just to find another location.

It's baffling that the site was chosen without all these questions being answered.  Surely if the council is adding all these extra caveats, we have grounds to tell them to GTF and get out of it.

But we are Thistle I suppose...

I remember when we were a matter of weeks away from getting a bespoke training facility built out at Twechar and when we were going to build a replacement for Firhill the other side of the canal.

It's the same old bullshit. Believe nothing from the powers that be at Firhill until it has happened.

Club POTY candidates are Anderson, McDonald, Penrice and Spittal. Strange choices IMO. Penrice has been average at best and Anderson’s been poor in some of his handful of appearances. Bannigan and Slater are much better candidates for me.

For me it's Bannigan.  Not exactly sitting their with stellar standout performances (although who has in our team?) but he's made a huge difference since he's come back.  

But it's hardly a strong field, really.  Anderson started out well, but has also been dreadful at times.  McDonald is probably our best player quality-wise, but he's been here for what seems like 5 minutes.  It's quite damning if that's our best.  Penrice...again, he's been alright, but can't really remember him doing anything that special.  Spittal is probably the closest to Bannigan for me, but again, it's a big meh.