The Partick Thistle thread

18 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

nothing as far as i can see on the OS or twitter pages. Although at this early stage tbf it would probably amount to "we are aware of the news around Coulibaly, but we are unable to comment at this time and will keep people informed about developments as they unfold".

Jai Quitongo, Mubtumbo, Storer and Souleymane Coulibaly have been sheer #bantz signings for various reasons (Quitongo doing a good Adam Strachan impression off the pitch and getting punted as a result, Mubtumbo getting subbed before half-time being the only thing I can remember about him, Storer getting a few red cards in reserve games and breaking down in tears at the SAS thing, and Coulibaly having a protracted dispute with an ex club that we may or may not get dragged into as his current employers)

Storey and McGinty have had their moments too, the latter pretty much being a 2018/19 Willie Kinniburgh and summed up best with that slip in the 5-1 against Morton and giving away a few penalties over the season, please see current profile .gif with regards to Miles.

yeah, we're approaching banter years territory here.

And every single one of them signed by Alan Archibald.

New run out music for Monday...

Fade to Black

Metallica

Life it seems to fade away
Drifting further everyday
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

Things not what they used to be
Missing one inside of me
Deathly loss this can't be real
Cannot stand this hell I feel
Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me but now, he's gone

No one but me can save myself, but its too late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye
Goodbye...:green

22 minutes ago, John MacLean said:
3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
IMG_20190302_085716.thumb.jpg.366e4b5693bbfb612975d1938a23b6ee.jpg
Not great for Souleymane but no liability for the Jags.

Nice of The Rancid to follow their original story in which the only suggestion that we were due to pay Coulibaly's fine was contained in their own headline.

Gavin Berry's shitty football journalism has been fairly well documented on here, I believe!

edit: yep. christ knows how he's still getting paid as a """"journalist""""

further edit: the original article looks like it was from someone else, just noticed. Still gotta love the Daily Records overall sports output tho.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

21 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Anyone managed to get a ticket for the Hearts game yet? :rolleyes:

Website still fucked?  I'm just going to head up about half 6, hope that the in no way exaggerated number of 30000 Jags fans aren't in front of me in the queue.

59 minutes ago, forameus said:

Website still fucked?  I'm just going to head up about half 6, hope that the in no way exaggerated number of 30000 Jags fans aren't in front of me in the queue.

I've given up and decided to patch it and watch it at home. If there's many more who can't be arsed then the club have missed out of a few quid because whoever runs the ticketing website is a shambles. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I've given up and decided to patch it and watch it at home. If there's many more who can't be arsed then the club have missed out of a few quid because whoever runs the ticketing website is a shambles. 

^^^ this

Disappointing but that's the way it is. 

Monday night's aren't acceptable especially with an early kick off either and the SFA need to bin this idea.

Sadly a poor crowd is one way they m8ght take heed of the fans.. .

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm the same. Could be arsed last week and was willing to buy a ticket, cannot be fucked today so I'm quite glad I didn't. The club have, however, lost out on however many £20s of the folk who have decided to do this.

I mean, surely they know the website's broken?  Is everyone just sacking it and not telling them?  I hate people that go along this line, but it really, really isn't hard to produce a website that allows you to buy things like this.  Early High School kids are doing it.  You could get a work experience kid in that could probably do it - hell, I could probably do it by mucking about on google for a while (I'm a software developer, but nothing website related).  It's so, so amateur, and it's been like this for months.

Anyway, given I'm a glutton for punishment, and I wouldn't get the chance to watch it if I was at home anyway, I'll be heading up.  For those that drive in, if I'm getting up pretty early, where's the best place to park that's close as possible to the stadium and won't leave me waiting hours to get out later?  Preferably the "Possil end" of Firhill, as I'll be going that way to get home.  I usually park either on Garscube Road at the garage (pretty far) or up at the Lidl on the opposite end of Firhill (even further, but on the way home).  But since I'll be going up pretty early it'd be good to get parked somewhere better.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I mean, surely they know the website's broken?  Is everyone just sacking it and not telling them?  I hate people that go along this line, but it really, really isn't hard to produce a website that allows you to buy things like this.  Early High School kids are doing it.  You could get a work experience kid in that could probably do it - hell, I could probably do it by mucking about on google for a while (I'm a software developer, but nothing website related).  It's so, so amateur, and it's been like this for months.

Anyway, given I'm a glutton for punishment, and I wouldn't get the chance to watch it if I was at home anyway, I'll be heading up.  For those that drive in, if I'm getting up pretty early, where's the best place to park that's close as possible to the stadium and won't leave me waiting hours to get out later?  Preferably the "Possil end" of Firhill, as I'll be going that way to get home.  I usually park either on Garscube Road at the garage (pretty far) or up at the Lidl on the opposite end of Firhill (even further, but on the way home).  But since I'll be going up pretty early it'd be good to get parked somewhere better.

400 hrs in the snipping tool:

blob.thumb.png.a437746c0a455d641fc9a203bfbcf468.png

you can normally get parked there even close to kickoff for league games.

right enough the away supporters buses are along Panmure St but I think you'll be fine if you're heading toward the Lidl.

8 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

400 hrs in the snipping tool:

you can normally get parked there even close to kickoff for league games.

right enough the away supporters buses are along Panmure St but I think you'll be fine if you're heading toward the Lidl.

Many thanks.  Assume all the actual spaces will be residents and its left on-street?  Haven't been down Panmure Gate to see beyond looking down.  Will head up there later.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Many thanks.  Assume all the actual spaces will be residents and its left on-street?  Haven't been down Panmure Gate to see beyond looking down.  Will head up there later.

Yeah, there's a lot of resident only spots but they're pretty clearly marked edit:  the residents generally have their own wee parking lots off to the sides too so plenty room on-street. It's a long enough stretch of road and it's reasonably wide too so should be straightforward enough to grab a spot, then just cut through the wee gate overlooking the canal towards Firhill Road.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yeah, there's a lot of resident only spots but they're pretty clearly marked edit:  the residents generally have their own wee parking lots off to the sides too so plenty room on-street. It's a long enough stretch of road and it's reasonably wide too so should be straightforward enough to grab a spot, then just cut through the wee gate overlooking the canal towards Firhill Road.

Cracking.  Cheers man.  

Anyone get told their season ticket seat got moved for tonight? Segregation area is massive in the JHS so im out my normal seat. Seething/heads gone etc. I had my batteries, broken seats and Buckie bottles ready to lob as well. 

EDIT: only ask because I'm sure mails said they were moving the people at the edges but no one else

Edited by forameus

Gary harkins can get so far to f*ck.

Turning round to scream at the ref while the balls in play cause he canny be arsed running after it. Piss off. Worse than a man down when we dont have the ball.

Going down with a whimper if he's our most defensive midfielder.