The Partick Thistle thread

If we have all calmed down and are going more constructive, dont ever type "Oryt" again in any circumstance.

Be honest with yourselves before you expect anyone else to take you seriously, which Velo has covered more succinctly that I. Dont make the mistake of insulting your audience again, because if you try to adjust your own level to pitch something at what you have interpreted as ours, you will get the piss slapped out of you time and again by people way more intelligent than you assumed they were (see last couple of pages)

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

FFS! I thought we'd signed Dominique Malongo...:green

Tbf, we should have just said "terrible journalism thread for this pish" and got on with talking about how we're now en route to an inevitable play-off date with Accies after going unbeaten in 2019.

13 hours ago, Tour of the Terraces said:

We are 2 bloggers who travel around all the clubs in Scotland as part of our Tour. We write about our experiences at the club and analyse our day out, rating the visit.

Look to see what we said about YOUR club, Partick Thistle when we attended Firhill. 

Follow us on Twitter: tourotterraces

https://touroftheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/partick-thistle-f-c-the-match-programme-5/

I’ll happily fund the next leg of your tour - two one-way flights to Dignitas.

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's also nothing wrong with taking pictures at a regular angle. People know what a football pitch looks like, it doesn't get more interesting at 45 degrees.

The silly poses in photos too aren't good.  I had a quick look at the Dunfermline blog they did as it's my hometown and there's a photo of the bandstand in the public park with one of them doing a horrendous pose.  What's the need?  It doesn't add anything to the picture and just makes you look immature.

Overall though it's not a horrendously bad piece as being made out here.  Basically cut the first 20% and the last 20% and you'd be fine :lol: 

18 hours ago, Tour of the Terraces said:

Can only apologise if it has come across as condescending, cheesy, crass etc. Nobody at the time of writing felt it was delivered in that manner and it was fully intended to try and capture the essence of a storied club in a couple thousand words. 

It definitely did come across like that. The conversation is just miles away from being realistic in any way. I think the fact that so many people commenting in this thread either aren’t Thistle fans and/or aren’t from Glasgow, and can still see how ridiculous it was, show how far you’ve missed the mark there.

Unlike some, I did fight my way past that section, and thought a lot of the article was decent, although in general it was too long. You clearly did some research, and I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to Firhill.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The silly poses in photos too aren't good.  I had a quick look at the Dunfermline blog they did as it's my hometown and there's a photo of the bandstand in the public park with one of them doing a horrendous pose.  What's the need?  It doesn't add anything to the picture and just makes you look immature.

Overall though it's not a horrendously bad piece as being made out here.  Basically cut the first 50% and the last 50% and you'd be fine :lol: 

Fixed that for you.

On 20/02/2019 at 17:15, Tour of the Terraces said:

Well, we appreciate all of the constructive, helpful comments from all, all feedback welcomed after all. Apologies to those who have found us ‘a pair of c***s’

Firstly though, where anybody got the idea of us being privellaged or ‘middle class’ I will never know. (4)How can anybody identify our class from a blog post on a football club?

Yes we do spend our earned money and time on these weekends away all so that(1) we can try and embrace the lifestyle of certain Scottish Football fans and promote that culture to the rest of Scottish Football, which so rarely gets done. We love the Scottish game and truly want to give it the best image possible everywhere, even (2) if that does mean including stereotypes etc before attempting to dispel them later in the post.

Can only apologise if it has come across as condescending, cheesy, crass etc.(3) Nobody at the time of writing felt it was delivered in that manner and it was fully intended to try and capture the essence of a storied club in a couple thousand words. 

TotT

(1) This forum does it loads. This isn't a choir you need to preach to, so maybe that's why you're getting such a hard time over this. We've been lifelong fans of our clubs, for 30 years (myself) or more, so a couple of young lads coming on with the "fresh take" on stuff that isn't all that fresh to us feels a tad presumptuous. If you'd come on and asked for feedback, the reaction would have been different. You didn't. You gave it the "hear what we had to say about YOUR club" (and I can't be the only one who read that in Jim Delahunt's nasal whine) as if we should have been honoured to be included. That'll be a big reason why you're copping a lot of flak.

(2) You include stereotypes just so you can say at the end that they're not true? This sums up how you don't understand the demographic you're writing for, and also a huge amount of the patrician arrogance and condescension of which you're accused. People who are football supporters, and locals, know that the stereotypes aren't true. Glasgow stereotypes have been done to death and been dealt with comprehensively in movies, art and literature. 

(3). Maybe you need to have your stuff read by different people. Receiving feedback requires a sense of humility (as I've said before) and if you're committed to producing good work then you need to subject it to the fires of scrutiny. That means asking older fitba supporters their opinions and how they feel about it. The fact that everyone on here who read it found condescending tells you all you need to know. 

E.T.A (4) It's what happens when you are over the age of 12 and you've read books and newspapers for your whole life. You get to discern who people are from what they write. The type of people who would feel a sense of entitlement when they come across a gentleman of more modest means (the scarf seller) and assume that, not only would the adequate response be to disrespect his wish to be photographed (or his stall) and call him a w****r, but that everyone else would have no problem with this. It tells me you weren't raised around such people (and given your attempt at the pub conversation, you absolutely weren't raised around such people). 

So anyway, congratulations on precipitating a miniature heids-gone here. I've changed my tune and you and your blog can walk into the sea. Off you f**k.

Edited by velo army
too many pics

On 20/02/2019 at 09:25, Tour of the Terraces said:

We are 2 bloggers who travel around all the clubs in Scotland as part of our Tour. We write about our experiences at the club and analyse our day out, rating the visit.

Look to see what we said about YOUR club, Partick Thistle when we attended Firhill. 

Follow us on Twitter: tourotterraces

https://touroftheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/partick-thistle-f-c-the-match-programme-5/

I say this as someone who quite literally has a football ground-hopping blog.

This was dreadful and you should be ashamed of yourselves.