The Partick Thistle thread

What is Anderson's contract situ at St Johnstone? Is he ever likely to be a regular starter again at that level?

If there's an option for a permanent move, going into next season with him, O'Ware and McMillan as our central defence options, I'd be pretty content with that.

Scott McDonald was f#@king great. Compare and contrast with Coulibally's performance in Caldwell's first game in charge.

Main thing is we have leaders throughout the side now to help others along.

I don't think any of the lads deserved less than 7/10. In this league sometimes you're only as good as your weakest link but the chain stood firm.

22 minutes ago, jagtastic said:

What is Anderson's contract situ at St Johnstone? Is he ever likely to be a regular starter again at that level?

If there's an option for a permanent move, going into next season with him, O'Ware and McMillan as our central defence options, I'd be pretty content with that.

I thought McMillan was only on loan till the end of the season?

50 minutes ago, jagtastic said:

McMillan will be back at Livi as Gallagher is away to Motherwell at the end of the season. Anderson would be a great signing at the end of the season. At his age if he can't get into the Saints team now I cant see it being any different next season

Edited by Sting777

McMillan will be at Livi next season, I have zero doubt about that.

Anderson seems comfortable enough on the "wrong" side which is big, I don't think we've had someone like that at CB since Balatoni (who as much as he's now derided was decent at this level for us). After this season we have McGinty, O'Ware and Saunders signed for next season though so I think he is just a (so far brilliant) stop gap.

For Anderson to be available for us beyond this season, we may need a couple of things to fall our way in Perth. First of all, hoping that they can hold on to Jason Kerr, so that Ando knows he won’t be a first choice CB. Additionally, Niall Keown showing Tommy Wright something to make them think he’s worth signing on a permanent deal would probably help.

On paper, Saunders and O’Ware as a first choice pairing next season looks pretty decent, but having Anderson would definitely be a bonus.

37 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

For Anderson to be available for us beyond this season, we may need a couple of things to fall our way in Perth. First of all, hoping that they can hold on to Jason Kerr, so that Ando knows he won’t be a first choice CB. Additionally, Niall Keown showing Tommy Wright something to make them think he’s worth signing on a permanent deal would probably help.

On paper, Saunders and O’Ware as a first choice pairing next season looks pretty decent, but having Anderson would definitely be a bonus.

imgur_reaction.gif.f952e9162255d3a64982cab0d03cd19b.gif

51 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

McMillan will be at Livi next season, I have zero doubt about that.

Anderson seems comfortable enough on the "wrong" side which is big, I don't think we've had someone like that at CB since Balatoni (who as much as he's now derided was decent at this level for us). After this season we have McGinty, O'Ware and Saunders signed for next season though so I think he is just a (so far brilliant) stop gap.

Not convinced mcginty will be here next season 

18 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Not convinced mcginty will be here next season 

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Fingers crossed.

Sir Caldwell has McGinty the goat sussed.

Don’t think Keown will get a chance to prove he’s any good. So I’d be surprised if he signed permanently with is. Anderson has spoke about wanting to come back to saints next season and given he’s under contract, unless he specially asks to leave and we have retained all our other players it seems unlikely. Kerr may go, but we’re also potentially losing Shaughnessy as well and that would leave us with only 1 other centreback signed up excluding Ando.