The Partick Thistle thread

21 hours ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Wasn't there a rule about 6 weeks per injury per player? Apart from misdiagnoses, injuries after returning, etc. obviously. :whistle

Depends whether we're still actively pushing players down flights of stairs randomly to keep them on their toes.

Good news about Cardle - definitely looked like he was done when he pulled up, but hopefully back soon.  We look infinitely more dangerous when he's running at players, rather than Storey just...running.

On 10/02/2019 at 11:06, Slacker said:

Hamstring and will start full training after the Alloa match.

I saw he was there yesterday with O’Ware and Ally Roy (is he injured?) but no sign of Shea Gordon. Was he there and I just didn’t see him?

Has Ally Roy played much for you guys yet?  Interested to see how he gets on.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Started against Stranraer in the Cup and was anonymous. Came on as a sub against Queens and did get the ball in the net, but it was disallowed for offside. It was also a complete fluke as a Queens defender cleared the ball straight into him.

Both Ally Roy and Lewis Mansell look nowhere near the standard.

Edited by Nightmare

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Started against Stranraer in the Cup and was anonymous. Came on as a sub against Queens and did get the ball in the net, but it was disallowed for offside. It was also a complete fluke as a Queens defender cleared the ball straight into him.

Cheers, doesn't sound like he's changed too much.  I thought at best he'd be a decent impact sub for you guys but just wasn't sure if he'd developed much in the last year or two.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He runs about.  That's about as much as I could say for him that Nightmare didn't.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

From the JHS, it looked like a cracking finish that I think should have stood, but yeah on the replay it would be giving him more credit than he deserved to suggest he had a lot to do with it.  I don't remember Mansell even playing...has he been involved in the first team or just in the reserve league?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

From the JHS, it looked like a cracking finish that I think should have stood, but yeah on the replay it would be giving him more credit than he deserved to suggest he had a lot to do with it.  I don't remember Mansell even playing...has he been involved in the first team or just in the reserve league?

Aye, it was a complete accident of a finish which you could clearly see from the North Stand. Couldn’t believe everyone on Twitter telling him it was a great strike and stuff like that.

Mansell played on Saturday. Looked a bit lost.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Aye, it was a complete accident of a finish which you could clearly see from the North Stand. Couldn’t believe everyone on Twitter telling him it was a great strike and stuff like that.

Mansell played on Saturday. Looked a bit lost.

Fair enough, hadn't noticed that.  Didn't imagine he'd really offer too much given we signed a forward.