The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Oh.

Tbf we regularly sign an absolute dross player simply to make up the numbers, Keown will take Andersons role as 4th choice CB, which means it won't be a complete disaster if one gets injured.

Can only guess Anderson is desperate for regular game, think he's only played 3/4 times this season and hasn't even made the pitch when we've gone with a back three, and out of respect we've allowed him to go. 

Fwiw, since it's being mentioned a lot elsewhere, he's not been our captain for a while now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Always thought Anderson was a dirty, cynical b*****d, so even if he’s getting on a bit I’m confident he’ll be an upgrade on what we’ve had.

There’s a player in Keown, which obviously Tommy Wright recognises, but considering he’s completely chucked it for the last year and a half, I’m really surprised he’s managed to get that move. Even if it’s as a backup.

Caldwell’s transfer dealings have been really good IMO;

Out

Melbourne, Mtumbo, Quitongo, Jeffries, Scobie, Ntambwe, Keown 

In

Harkins, Hazard, Cardle, Saunders, Anderson, McMillan, Roy, Mansell

probaly missed a few but you get the general idea, I think we are in a better place squad wise than we were when GC came in.

4 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

Caldwell’s transfer dealings have been really good IMO;

Out

Melbourne, Mtumbo, Quitongo, Jeffries, Scobie, Ntambwe, Keown 

In

Harkins, Hazard, Cardle, Saunders, Anderson, McMillan, Roy, Mansell

probaly missed a few but you get the general idea, I think we are in a better place squad wise than we were when GC came in.

So we are just pretending Chris Erskine doesn’t exist now?

Caldwell’s a w**k, even if he keeps us up.

So we are just pretending Chris Erskine doesn’t exist now?
Caldwell’s a w**k, even if he keeps us up.
Loyalty to employees had a big part in getting us into this position, and perhaps Chris Erskine is more suited to playing a bit part at a club who are not under pressure, and maybe we need a different type of player, so although it may have been handled better, it might work out well for both parties.

Alright lads, I have the dubious pleasure of being involved in a Czech football podcast, and we've done a feature this fortnight which talks a bit about Thistle vs Spartak Brno during your first trip to Europe in the sixties.  Chat about Thistle and the tie from around the 24 minute mark, any feedback appreciated. 

I'll admit I was despairing of our prospects under Caldwell at Christmas - and again after the home draw to Falkirk - and I still think we may have left ourselves too far back to avoid finishing in the last two places, but this transfer window has been superb.  To eject so many of Archibald's terrible panic-buys in a single window is extremely impressive, and the Keown-Anderson swap is almost unbelievable business.  Only really Bell and Storey (who we're probably stuck with) are left who I would definitely punt.  I can't remember the last time we had a transfer window which so obviously improved the squad, so full credit to him.  Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

Just watched the highlights from the weekend, Spittal looked absolutely immense and Fitzpatrick ran the show, if they can both be consistent we should be okay.

Noticed Coulibaly scored in the reserves game aswell. Would like to see him start as our other strikers haven’t done too much of late.

41 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Alright lads, I have the dubious pleasure of being involved in a Czech football podcast, and we've done a feature this fortnight which talks a bit about Thistle vs Spartak Brno during your first trip to Europe in the sixties.  Chat about Thistle and the tie from around the 24 minute mark, any feedback appreciated. 

Ahoj Brno! This is a good listen, thanks v much (well, the middle 25 mins anyway - I have now bookmarked!).  "Boiling with exasperation" is a very good description of what it feels like to be a Thistle fan a lot of the time, that's for sure.

You're lucky to live in such a great part of the world, btw - I visit friends in Moravia at least once a year, and occasionally unsuccessfuly suggest we go along to a Brno match (and/or to see the overgrown old stadium - do you know if it is possible to access it to take pictures of the stands with trees growing on them, etc.?). 

Děkuji!

23 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I'll admit I was despairing of our prospects under Caldwell at Christmas - and again after the home draw to Falkirk - and I still think we may have left ourselves too far back to avoid finishing in the last two places, but this transfer window has been superb.  To eject so many of Archibald's terrible panic-buys in a single window is extremely impressive, and the Keown-Anderson swap is almost unbelievable business.  Only really Bell and Storey (who we're probably stuck with) are left who I would definitely punt.  I can't remember the last time we had a transfer window which so obviously improved the squad, so full credit to him.  Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

Daily Record reporting that St J in for Cammy Bell. Their on loan keeper from Burnley has been recalled so they clearly need back up 

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Have to agree. If we can ship out Bell, even on loan, it must be one of the most radical clear out of diddies,achieved by any club, in the notoriously difficult January window. All credit to Caldwell!