The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Got yourself a good one guys, he’s really unlucky not to have got more game time with us, when he has played he’s been very solid. 

Still a young lad, think he’s only 21 but he’s very athletic, strong and can get up and down the wing really well. 

Can also play centre back if you are struggling but he’s primarily a right back. 

Hope he does well, as I say I really like him, think he has a lot of potential. 

Can only echo that. I always liked McMillan when he was in our u20s. Was unlikely to get in the team ahead of Tait or Cadden though and he was at the point where he really needed games.

Hope he does a decent turn for Thistle.

Just caught up with The Sun's piece on Erskine. How can he claim that he was forced out of the club and in the same breath say he'd been ready to leave since Caldwell first came in? That soundbite doesn't doesn't suggest he was committed to the club. It would to have been to everyone's benefit if he'd admitted that he fancied one last crack at the 'big time' and allowed us all to move on.

10 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Got yourself a good one guys, he’s really unlucky not to have got more game time with us, when he has played he’s been very solid. 

Still a young lad, think he’s only 21 but he’s very athletic, strong and can get up and down the wing really well. 

Can also play centre back if you are struggling but he’s primarily a right back. 

Hope he does well, as I say I really like him, think he has a lot of potential. 

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Can only echo that. I always liked McMillan when he was in our u20s. Was unlikely to get in the team ahead of Tait or Cadden though and he was at the point where he really needed games.

Hope he does a decent turn for Thistle.

Thank f**k for that. I was dreading coming on here and seeing Livi and Well fans slating him. So glad to see positive comments. Sounds like exactly what we need.

8 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Just caught up with The Sun's piece on Erskine. How can he claim that he was forced out of the club and in the same breath say he'd been ready to leave since Caldwell first came in? That soundbite doesn't doesn't suggest he was committed to the club. It would to have been to everyone's benefit if he'd admitted that he fancied one last crack at the 'big time' and allowed us all to move on.

The reaction to him leaving is cringe worthy....great player in his day but like a lot hasn't kicked a ball this season...my last memory of him was his pathetic attempt at challenging a Morton player before they scored there winning goal a couple of weeks ago...

15 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Caldwell didn't give him a chance.

You know apart from him being involved in 9 of Caldwell's 12 games in charge before he left.

24 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

The reaction to him leaving is cringe worthy....great player in his day but like a lot hasn't kicked a ball this season...my last memory of him was his pathetic attempt at challenging a Morton player before they scored there winning goal a couple of weeks ago...

I’m still uncurling my toes from hearing the ‘Erskine, Erskine’ chants on Saturday.

The Thistle da reaction has been something else. I sound like a broken record going on about the legends stuff,  but the way the fanbase goes into hysteria every time a good servant to the club leaves is so over the top. Is the Caldwell/Erskine relationship any different to the Archie/Lawless one? Erskine hasn't been out worst player (or best) and without wishing to go down the Archie v Caldwell stuff it honestly feels like people view everything through such a narrow lense depending on who is involved. Those who've fucked up can never improve and those who have done well can never do wrong.  

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

“Ready to go” meaning ready to play, not leave the club. 

How much did you sell Liam Lindsay for?

Barnsley have made an approach for Jason Kerr, and I can't help but feel they'll use the Lindsay fee as a "barometer", which will mean they'll f**k off fairly sharpish.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Barnsley have made an approach for Jason Kerr, and I can't help but feel they'll use the Lindsay fee as a "barometer", which will mean they'll f**k off fairly sharpish.

So Mr ITK doesn’t know?

4 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Just read the online version. Where does he say he’s been ready to leave since Caldwell came in? Is this different to the newspaper version? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3771533/livingston-chris-erskine-partick-thistle-gary-caldwell/amp/

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

All sorts of figures floating about regarding Lindsay's fee, but generally they seem to suggest it was in the £300k range. How that's structured and what the additional sell-ons are, f**k knows. We'll hopefully figure some of that out if Barnsley don't go up this year and he gets a move to the Championship.

Edited by Nightmare

9 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I see the Royalty is shutting down. Terrible news fir anyone who drinks elsewhere in Maryhill as they'll all need to find a new local.

It will be sold off and renamed as "The The Royalty" (if Bomber sees the deeds).

Regulars will then claim that it is exactly the same pub with an unbroken tradition.