The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Cheers bud. Shame as he's a talented lad. Hopefully he gets back on track. 

Cameo last few minutes today. I was a bit worried when he was warming up at half time but it turned out that he was just wearing about four extra layers under his training top.

Hard to judge if he is fit or if Caldwell just put him on the bench to get some of the fans off his back. It may be the latter as he started Fitzpatrick today (another thing that the fans were clamouring for).

Don't get to as many games as I'd like but was there today.

1. Thought Cardle was motm today and a great pickup. 

2. Fitzpatrick was good but very raw. Refreshing to watch a player fearlessly attack his man but will no doubt be frustrating at times.

3. Bannigan is an excellent footballer.

4. Allowed way too many good chances, scoreline today was extremely flattering tho I think we deserved the win.

Still need a centre half. McGinty is horrific. For a guy his size he should be winning 90% of headers coming into the box. If we dont get one lets hope Tam O’Ware is back quicker than expected. Roy was dreadful, so think we need another striker unless Mansell is any good. Plus points were Cardle, who was excellent, Hazard with a couple of excellent stops, Banzo,  Fitzy starting and Couly actually getting a 5 minute run out. Harkins was good when he came on as well. If we are to get out of this mess we need to sort the defence out by the close of the transfer window!

Edited by Sting777

I still want rid of Low and Caldwell. Beating a team near the bottom of the division below us (for now) who're suffering from a number of injured players, and only have 17 on the books in the first place isn't a huge achievement.

Clearly a number of changes were made after intel from Thistle spies (possibly Komitet Georgij Brittonovich) lurked about on here/twitter/WAT/facebook/hipster coffee shops/vegan pubs and revealed that the number of dissidents was growing daily.  Especially after tuesday. Normal service will be resumed Saturday, IMO.

Just so you know if you draw Talbot I’ll be supporting them. At least if they beat you it takes the attention away from us a wee bit.

Don’t think it would tbh. Wouldn’t be a surprise for us to lose the Juniors.

On 18/01/2019 at 23:17, Lyle Lanley said:

Would you take Whittaker too. We'll pay his full wages and drive him to Firhill ourselves. 

Aye. We don't have an actual right back so that would be lovely. 

Actually fairly happy with East Fife away, was expecting Dundee Utd or St. Johnstone.